Monday, March 12, 2012

The Cottage is so Close!



Friends and family is our official "soft" opening date for The Cottage Collective and that is happening THIS Thursday! I am so excited, nervous, and thrilled for it to be here. We'll have a couple weeks to work out any kinks before our Grand Opening on March 30th and 31st. I will be headed down for the Grand Opening but not the friends and family night. My product is made and tagged, the room is staged and ready to go, and the rest of my friends at the cottage are putting the finishing touches on their rooms. I'm not gonna lie, it would be so much fun to live in Wichita right now to be more a part of it all on a regular basis. But I'll make it work. The $13 toll kinda sucks, but what can you do?


Wichita has yet to see a store quite like this so I am very hopeful by hitting the current hot trends of vintage, handmade, and local products that we will be a huge hit! In fact, we are all banking on it. Some of us haven't paid rent or have sold furniture or have siphoned off our savings to get this little store ready to go so we are in desperate need for this to work. All of our goals are to help support our families while doing what we love to do. It's been a dream of all of us to have a little store. We all firmly believe that God has put this together and has a plan for The Cottage Collective. When you feel God lining things up, it typically means "HOLD ON TIGHT!" So I am prepared to hold on tight...what that really means is I am ready to work my patootie off to keep my store stocked up.


The Cottage is destined to be a place where women love to go for super cool and creative products, an encouraging word and conversation, a hug if needed, and a place for friends to gather. It will be a light in the community. It's going to be great. I am so thankful to be a part of it. Thank you God for picking me to be a part of it. It feels like a really big hug from you. I feel loved. :)

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Your space looks UH-MAZING! What a lot of work...way to go!

And $13 for the toll!!??! That is outrageous!!

The Fords said...

Hey Tiffany!
So happy that you and your shop partners have found a space to sell your crafts! I've been keeping up with it all by linking through Michelle's blog. I can't wait to visit the shop sometime and find something cute for my house or the little ones. Congratulations!