It's crazy time at the Classen household! We like a little bit of crazy so we are coping well with it all. Here's just a quick snapshot of our life right now:
*Sewing, hot gluing, sewing, hot gluing! Wreaths, pillows, aprons, flowers, napkins, placemats, bibs, burlap bags, twine wrapped vases and picture frames...over 300 individual items have been crafted for the opening of The Cottage Collective next month! My lease starts this week and I will be painting and moving in this weekend!! Yikes! What?! I don't know!! We'll see what happens! Tell your Wichita friends to check us out and to buy everything! :)
*Painting, cleaning, fixing, painting, cleaning, fixing. Last week we spent every spare moment plus some fixing up the place next door to us. We will be managing this property and are getting it ready for new renters. Who wants to be our neighbor?? The entire house has fresh paint and will be getting new countertops and carpet throughout. It's going to be quite fabulous! Plus it backs up to a beautiful grassy hill and has two great decks on the back for watching the sunsets. Plus we are fantastic neighbors with a theater room for movie nights, if that's your thing. It's not really mine, but it is Ryan's. If you have a subwoofer that you plan on using 12 hours a day, please go live somewhere else. :) I mean that in the nicest way possible.
*Runaway two year old. He likes to run. We run from the chair to the door and back every day. Then we go outside and run. "Wanna run?" This is what Ryan hears from the second he walks in the door until he takes his shoes off and gets ready to run. While working on the rental next door, while I thought Hudson had climbed upstairs, what he had really done was opened the door and went for a run...across 4 yards and was about to disappear behind a truck in a driveway. Give a mama a heart attack and make me test my own running abilities! 2 more seconds and I wouldn't have been able to see him anywhere. For the love of everything! Said two year old also has a new love of rocking. It started out so sweet and a very uncommon request from my non-cuddler, so I obliged and cuddled. Now it has turned into the number one request at 8pm, 10pm, 1am, 3am, and 6am to avoid going to sleep. Help me Rhonda.
*Ryan has a new nephew!! Noah Luke Classen was born last week! Go Carmen!! Thanks for creating cousin number 3 for Hudson on the Classen side. ;) Sorry they've only got the one cousin...he's super loud and runs real fast though...kind of seems like multiple kids...
*Total Money Makeover is still going strong. Sold both cars, bought a nice family ride named Gramps in the gorgeous color of green-gold-taupe. Ahhh-yeah. Paid off a nice big chunk of debt so I smile every time I drive Gramps around town. Elderly men really seem to love my car and gawk at it as they stroll through the crosswalk at the stoplights. They dig it.
*Scaling back at EastLake. I'm going to lighten my load a little bit by turning over some of my responsibilities at EastLake. I'm excited because I do see my value at EastLake playing out in different ways and I'm thrilled to see what lies ahead for me there.
There's a little glimpse into this tired lady's life. Off to either crash or tag more items. We'll see what happens when I get up from the computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whew! Your days and nights are full! We miss you guys and that crazy, running boy of yours. Sorry we didn't make a play date happen before baby came...Hopefully one of these days when life settles in a bit for all of us...
Post a Comment