Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Fat and Sassy

Hello Friends. I know it's been awhile, but it's hard work getting fat and sassy...well, the sassy part comes pretty easily. I'm just extra sassy (moody, emotional, cry at EVERYTHING sweet or slightly sad) because my hormones are all out of whack due to the growing baby taking over my body. Warning: this post is overly sassy and slightly graphic. Feel free to read on at your own risk. My body doesn't really like being pregnant and since I live in this body, I don't really like being pregnant. However, this time around, I am not afraid to take drugs. I'm only taking the kind that keep me from laying on the floor all day to keep from moving, so I don't puke. And it's amazing. I still don't feel 100% but who would WHEN THERE IS A HUMAN GROWING INSIDE YOUR BODY! I'm sorry, but that is still the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard or experienced. I know people are pregnant all the time and we don't think much about it. But wait til you are pregnant and you are forced to think about what is really happening. There is a human growing inside of your body...and then...AND THEN, it HAS TO COME OUT!!! If that isn't sci-fi, I don't know what is...except that it isn't sci-fi, because it actually has to and will happen. You will either have to eject the human from your body or get sliced open so they can pick it up from out of your uterus...ummmm, no thank you. TOO LATE, here we are again. Oh dear. I need a bottle of wine, preferably Saracco. Anywho, the baby is due (which is the nice way to say the human will be removed from your body!!!) on November 10th. I will not however, wait that long. Last go round, I was never going to give birth (the gate keeper to the baby ejection shoot saw what was up there and said, "There ain't no way. I'm not opening up. You can't make me even with your fancy drugs. End of discussion."), so my stubborn body opted for a c-section (the slicing option). But only after I got to experience chemically induced labor (which is a nice way of saying dying a slow excruciating death) for way too long. So this time, I am going to be the mama that all the natural mamas hate...scheduling the birthday of my baby...a week early...so there is not chance in heck that I will come close to going into labor. I'll just check in, get my acid bath of an epidural and be off and running...well not literally, I won't be able to feel my legs...so running isn't an option. More like strap me to the gurney, put up the little curtain so I can't see all my insides and cut me open. I really wish they could just put you under for such an adventure, but they don't. Yay! In other news...The Cottage Collective is going well! We have gained a great following that checks in almost every week to see what is new and different. The store is ever changing so there is always something new to see. I've been down to replenish stock a couple times. I am super excited to be offering the new ruler growth charts in my shop that are made by my dad! His craftsmanship is superb and the time and care he puts into each one is amazing. He would actually prefer to know who he is making each ruler for as it would add much more meaning to his work. There really is something for everyone at The Cottage. I went with a group of friends from Lawrence this past Saturday and each one seemed to be drawn to different rooms. I love that! It really is a place that you can just hang out and chit chat for hours. I love it. There were constantly new people coming in. Friends bringing new friends. So much fun!! My family and friends who have made the trip down have really touched my heart with your support. I know it's a lot to give up a day to make the trip. Your time is valuable and I feel so special to you. Stay tuned for more Cottage and sassy pregnancy updates...:)

No comments: