Thursday, April 14, 2011

Once Upon A Time...

*I taught a dance class in the back of a warehouse for gals that wanted to learn choreography and sweat A LOT. It was super fun and was reminded of this by my pal, Michelle, today.

*I lived in a small town with 3 stop lights, an Alco, and the only McD to run out of business.

*I worked in Corporate America leading teams and teaching classes on Myers Briggs...incredible experience.

*I lived in the Vail Valley in Colorado. My heart was in heaven with the opportunity to gaze on the Rocky Mountains daily.

*I had a raccoon come through my window! My grandma still likes to send me cards with raccoon's on them b/c she thinks it's funny. Ha ha Grandma.

*I drove a poo-colored Chevette that only had a radio, so we drove with a boom box in the back so we could listen to a lot of Snoop Dogg and Brass Monkey. I loved that car and ALL the great memories had in that car with Brianne. Brianne had a car that once you started it you could take the keys out. That was a funny day when we figured that out.

*A cat pooped in the backseat of said poo-colored Chevette. It took me longer than it should have to figure that one out.

*I went to New York City and LOVED every second of it...Rockettes, Wicked, Chicago, Central Park, Madison Ave, The Met...the people, the markets, the cabs, the subway...ahhh.

*I grew a human inside of me and then he tried to come out. It was the weirdest thing I have ever done.

*I laughed when said human thinks his collar bone is called his "Grandma".

*I rode a swamp boat in Florida, sneaking up on alligators. Yikes!

*I got to see Abraham Lincoln's top hat, suit, and pocket watch at the Smithsonian in DC. A picture that I took on my iphone of the top hat hangs in my living room. I also fell face first in front a bus full of people in DC...so super embarrassing.

*I've gone sailing in the Puget Sound and sat on the beaches reading and relaxing.

*I married a man who would prank our house and who I wanted nothing to do with. ;)

*I was a merry maid and the lady whose house we were cleaning asked us to dust with a pair of her old panties...oh my goodness, so funny.

*I jumped off a boat and out into the open water of the Atlantic Ocean. Then I freaked out and got out and watched Ryan play in the water, while I watched for sharks and jellyfish.

*I ate foi gras (aka jiggly lard). I had no idea that's what it was..but the place was fancy and french so I ate it.

*I got to go on one of the famous Seattle houseboats since the owner was one of Ryan's clients.

*I lived in a studio apartment...with a dog and a husband. One crazy night, one of those large construction cranes from across the street came crashing down into the apartment complex. What a crazy night that was!

*I moved from Seattle to Lawrence to launch a church with 8 other people. This wasn't in our plan at all. My plan was to continue to work for a company I loved, living in an area I loved with the beauty of mountains, water, and an abundance of trees (and lots of great shopping and food), and going to a church that I loved...and eventually convince my parents to move there. Then as doors began closing our path was changing. I fought it, then embraced it, then fought it, then moved to KS and fought it some more. It's been the most rewarding and challenging adventure to date.

This blog is really for me...to remind me of all the adventures I've been on, the places I've been, the fun I've had. I am blessed. God, who knows my heart, what I think is neat, what I think is funny, what I think is beautiful, has taken me on lots of fantastic adventures. I am super blessed. Sometimes I just need to reflect on and remember that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great life list!

Michelle said...

Love LOVE this blog! Totally stealing this idea and doing one. Looks kind of therapeutic, actually!

Brianne said...

This is great! I had forgotten that the 6000 ran without keys! Oh the memories in the chev! You have had lots of adventures.