Monday, April 18, 2011

Day Twenty Nine

For 4 weeks I've stuck to this diet. I've never in my life stuck with a diet for 4 weeks continuously. I am excited to have accomplished that much. It makes me believe that maybe I can actually make it to the 60 day goal. I am also excited that I have hit the 10 pound mark! Woo-hoo! I have now lost the extra baby weight...although I still have the "I carried a big ol' baby" looking tummy...not pretty, but flatter. What a difference 10 pounds makes on a 5 foot 1 inch body. My clothes fit so much nicer, which is so rewarding.

After 4 weeks, I can tell you that I still have late evening cravings to munch on whatever and relax. I've come to love my evening Sprite Zero, which lasts for a long time and has an element of sweetness to help with the times when I feel like having a dessert. Chewing gum has saved me in more than one occasion. Or smacking my gum, as Ryan tells me. I HATE the sound of someone smacking their gum, but apparently I don't hear it when I'm the one doing it. Hypocritical? Sure 'nough.

When there is bread around, I still have to turn the other way. One of the soup and salad combos I ordered at a Deli came with a roll as they often do. I needed to go grab my water from the soda fountain and so I told (or demanded in an urgent sort of a way) the ladies sitting with me, "Someone get that roll off my plate before I get back!" Em swiftly removed it and that was that. That roll did not make it down the hatch. Whew!

Discipline is hard. I've said no to so many items that I normally would have consumed. Each time I do though, I know that I am working toward a goal and it feels good. It's only 60 days. It's 2 months. Big deal. I can eat like crap for a year and it goes by so quickly. What's 2 months? Now it's only one more month. :)

What happens after the 60 days? Well, I've been thinking a lot about that. I don't want to see that 10 lbs again, because then it's not baby weight anymore. It's just weight...blah. The focus will be more on maintaining the weight and making the appropriate adjustments for that to happen. But I will allow bread back in because seriously, there is nothing better in the world to eat...and maybe a little bit of custard this summer when it is 190 degrees out. But I can't think about that now! I've got 31 days left!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Way to go, Tiff! I am so impressed by your resolve. And you really looked vibrant when I saw you last week...it was SO fun to run into you all, by the way!

Kelly said...

I am soooooo proud of you!! As a fellow breadaholic I am even more impressed with your resolve. It does feel good to stick with a goal, though. I still haven't cheated on my no french fries for Lent and I think I'm going to make it, and I can definitely tell a difference in my energy level since I've basically stopped eating fast food (uh, except Chipotle).

Mendy said...

suggestions for after day 60:
*stay away from that friend of yours, mendy, she's a terrible influence.
*have one day each week to eat whatever you want: this is what kirk does and he usually doesn't even overdo it on the "binge" day because he feels to full after just one meal of eating whatever he wants. this helps in to be good the rest of the week.
*have you tried that delicious dessert gum? i think i may have asked you this already. i really like the mint chocolate chip kind. mmm.