Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fun Times and Free Stuff!

Two things I really love...laughing with friends (sometimes at them, it just depends) and free stuff. I combined them into one night by having a few friends over to carry on a classic KG tradition, the "garage sale". I renamed it this year to Spring Swap, which more accurately describes it anyway. In college, we were never charging for our old crap, just swapping it out. Admission into the evening was a snack or beverage. The items no longer wanted or needed were laid out all over my house. Drinks were made, dibs were called on a favorite item and the swap was ON! I snagged a bag that I had seen being carried in and out of EastLake for over a year now. I always thought it was SO cute and lo and behold it showed up at the swap! I was ecstatic!! I may have threatened everyone with violence if they touched the bag...in a fun and happy, seriously, don't touch it kind of way. ;)

I seriously feel like I am 8 years old and I just opened my Christmas presents. I also got a Coach handbag, a bunch of Gap clothing, books, a shovel (we've been needing one!), a blue lunch tray (so pumped), a necklace, a stunning silk handbag, a photo album, a giraffe bean bag, and a ton of bath bombs from LUSH! Oh my goodness!!

It seemed like others were having as much fun as I was. Laughter was inevitable. Laughing is such a stress reliever and such a great answer to weariness. I loved it. It was such a treat of an evening. I am happy to make this a tradition that carries on. The 1st annual Spring Swap was a success. AND all the rest of my junk has been hauled off to Goodwill. Nice!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I still love this idea! Wish I could have been there with you. :)