Thursday, August 12, 2010
Oh Kansas
Oh Kansas, you're too hot. There are people who are made to live here in 100 plus degree temps, like the lady today with her windows rolled down or the other lady setting up for lunch on her deck or the dude RUNNING down the sidewalk or my dog who likes to lay on the 1000 degree driveway??? Ummmm, no. It's too damn hot to go outside. The weeds need to be plucked, the grass needs mowed, the seat needs put back up in my car, there are errands to run...but I'm not going out there unless it is with a floaty tube and I can submerge myself in the water. My grass even thinks its too hot as it is frying in the heat to a nice shade of brown. I'm tempted to toss an egg out onto the driveway to see what happens. I feel really bad for all you who are pregnant enduring this crazy heat. Speaking of pregnant...no not me...only a few more weeks until baby Shabon is here! What will she look like??? Thick black curly hair? Big eyes? I do know one thing. She will be so light after lugging my 30 pounder around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate Kansas when it's like this. As if I don't already have a problem with wanting to flee the coop and head for the hills (Colorado) or dry heat (Colorado again...but even New Mexico or Arizona would be better than this!!) or year-long-fall weather (California) or northern cities (NYC or Chicago). Pretty much anywhere but here.
Post a Comment