Sunday, June 6, 2010

Camping

Well, sort of...we went to Lake Perry this weekend for a quick little getaway. I'm not really a primitive camping kind of girl. I've tried it and I don't like it. I don't care for being hot, sticky, dirty, sticky, or hot. I do not care for bugs in my personal space. Oh and I like to be comfortable while I sleep. The one time in my married life that we attempted primitive camping we ended up packing up and heading home in the middle of the night...too hot, too sticky, too noisy. SO we stayed in a cabin.

It still had bugs, but I only screamed twice and 911'd Ryan for help when the big black ones come out to play. BUT it had AC, a fridge, a microwave, and a bed (which I felt like had bugs in it). Ryan said it didn't but I woke up with 10 bites...he had none. Then we went out for a boat ride and had a little fun.



Don't mind my hair. I looked like the "Lady of the Lake" for most of the weekend. And I did put spf 100 on my white, white baby. All the fun wore him out. We put him down for a nap at 4:00 and he actually just went to bed. All in all it was a fun weekend. Ryan got to play with fire. I got to read my "new" old book I found at the half price book store...an old edition of a high school fashion text book. It was on clearance for $2. I'm learning so much! We toodled around the lake and found better cabins for the next time we take this adventure. It's a very pretty lake. I even got into the water which was REALLY cold at first! Ryan called me a girl b/c I wouldn't just jump in. Well, seriously, and mess up the amazing hair day I was having?? Whatever.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun getaway!

And...are you serious about the SPF 100? Do they really make that??

tiff said...

Yep, I bought spf 100. He's so white that I would have bought spf 1000 if they made it. It worked, he's stll uber white!