Last weekend was camping and this weekend we hung out with friends on the Plaza in KC, while Grandma watched the baby! Woo-hoo! It was our first overnighter without him and while I missed his cute little face, I loved being my prior to baby "normal" self for one night and one morning. We dined at a very intense resturant...Fogo de Chao, which is a brazillian steakhouse. Fogo de Chao means "fire from the ground" or campfire, I asked one of the waiters. So here's what it is: a one of a kind fancy salad bar with quite a few things that I couldn't identify...fancy. Then they give you what looks like a cardboard coaster, like you get at a bar and grill for your drink. I kept putting my drink on it but that's not what it was for. It was red on one side and green on the other. If you flipped it from red to green, crazy fast waiters brought already cooked meat on giant skewers and asked you if you wanted some. There were 15 different kinds of meat available. You possess a pair of tongs which you grab your slice of meat with as they cut it off. It was quite the event! However, we found it to not be a relaxing event. Once we all started the meat portion of the evening we all found that we were trying to shove the food in our mouths as fast as possible! It was due to the waiters running around so quickly and b/c once you turned you "meat chip" from red to green, they swarmed you...so overwhelming. We had to consciously slow things down before we blew up. But it was really good and really fun and super exciting if you like to eat a lot of meat.
Today, in the pouring rain, we headed down to Union Station to take a segway tour. Oh yeah! It was so fun (for most of us). At first, while I figured it out I was a little wobbly, but then it was really fun. I think it would be such a useful tool when visiting a new city and trying figure out the downtown area. Since it was raining we just whipped around inside Union Station for awhile, trying to avoid the small children. I LOVED it and must do it again. I'd post a picture, but I was wearing a helmet and that wasn't cute at all.
It was a great little adventure just a hop, skip, and a jump down the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment