Monday, May 24, 2010

Change of Pace

Remember how a couple blogs ago I was talking about needing a break from routine?? Well, I got it! On Saturday as the heat started climbing, our AC crapped out. Not only was it a tad hot, it was sticky. So there-in-for my house was sticky and hot (like my legal jargon). We have moved into my sister's basement (so glad that was an option). The AC man can't come until Wed or Thurs. I guess everyone's ac crapped out. Thank goodness we have a home warranty! So this week has been somewhat adventurous. Hudson and I made our first visit to the library. There a man filling out an application for a job, what job, I have no idea...came up to me and asked how he should answer the question regarding who his fashion inspirations are because he doesn't know of any clothing designers. He said, "Like Calvin Klein?" I said, "Uh, I'm not sure, maybe you could just put the name of someone who's style you like??" Weird. Hudson and I have tried living in the car as much as possible so that we aren't an inconvenience. It works out for the most part since he will nap in there and the ac works really well. This leads me to another random problem we are having...my gas guage only works for 1/2 a tank of gas. It goes up to F and then stops at the half way point. You might think this is an easy fix or at least should be for the Nissan dealership. My car is getting ready to go into the shop for this very issue for the 8th time! After the first few failed attempts to fix it we were a bit angry, then it was funny, then it was frustrating, then funny again, and now it's just stupid. The dealership doesn't even say "hello" when Ryan calls anymore. They see his number on caller id and say "don't tell me it's that gas guage again". At this point when we take it in to be "fixed" they give us a car and often times clean the Xterra for me. I did get to drive a Lexus which felt very fancy as I drove to Walmart.
Now I'm just waiting for Em to get home so we can all watch the Gaga Glee episode!

No comments: