Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Pregnant Puking Birthday!

It is my pregnant sister's birthday this week. I don't think that she'll mind me sharing this story, cuz it's funny. So since it is her birthday we went downtown today for some spa pedi's and lunch. Before our pedicures began she asked if I had any food in my bag and nope I did not. We contemplated getting some food but then they told us to head back to the pedi area. After enjoying our pedicures and getting back into the car we head down a couple blocks to get some lunch. I hadn't even made it a block when she asked me for one of the bags I had for dirty diapers. I'm telling her to open the car door as she is puking into her hands as I am driving down Mass st, as I am trying to find a bag in the diaper bag. The only thing I can come up with is the bag I had already thrown a dirty diaper into. So somehow she manages to dump the puke from her hands into the bag and then continues to puke then laugh, then puke, then laugh. At first I was concerned but then I got to laughing and I couldn't stop. I think all she had had this morning was a coke because that is what it looked like. I couldn't believe how many times she just kept throwing up! It was quite amazing really and so funny actually. It might be a had to be there kind of a moment. Then of course she was starving so we headed into a restaurant for lunch where the man behind the counter told her she was beautiful. Since she had just finished using a baby wipe to clean off her face, this was a perfect ending to the morning.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Emily. Since I know she is fine I am laughing with you all.

emcox said...

The whole event was pretty funny!!! That's what I get for not eating breakfast when I already have a headache!

Unknown said...

That is way to funny Tiffany. I think that if I had been in the car with you guys, I would have asked for a bag also. I can't be around anyone throwing up because I start to. Sounds like you and your sister have great times together. I call these kind of moments "memory builders."

tiff said...

For sure. It wasn't even 2 years ago that our roles were reversed and I grabbed one of her shopping bags while she was driving, dumped out the contents and proceeded to "empty out" as we made our way down Redmont Way. We've decided we should not leave home with out a bag and snacks from here on out.

kubugz81 said...

Oh my gosh this had me cracking up! Thanks for sharing!