Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying all that I am doing right now...that which makes me busy. One of the really fun (and intimidating) projects that I am working on right now is a room design for a gal that I had never met. A friend of mine paid me a nice compliment and told her that I have an eye for throwing a room together. So a couple emails later, I was heading over to her house to check out the room. I am of course up to the challenge but I really haven't done a lot in the way of working with other people's styles and tastes. I can execute my own stylings in my sleep and that is where my confidence lies. So I spent a good day working on room layouts and sketches for what I would do given some of the ideas that she has for furniture and room function. I sent them over to her and crossed my fingers that she wouldn't laugh. As craziness has it, she liked them and we are headed to NFM in the morning to do some furniture shopping! Fun times!
In the same vein of creativity, I have submitted my resume and "design portfolio" to an Event and Design company here in town per their request. Since I have no real design training, I'm not sure I have much of a shot but it works perfectly with our schedules, it would challenge me creatively, and I think it would be just plain fun. The company is coming up on a very busy wedding season and they are in need of some assistance. I was kind of embarrassed to send my "design portfolio" to them with all my little crafty projects. Well anyway, we will see what comes out of that!
And then there is P90X...A crazy person workout. If you haven't seen the infomercial, it is a 90 day program that kicks your tookus everyday. I believe it is for professional worker-outers. I am not that but am doing my best to hang with them none-the-less. It is a different workout everyday but can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. I am feeling stronger and this week I am able to do more of the exercises than I was able to do last week. I will say that I despise yoga. It's painful. It makes my wrists hurt. I'd rather do lunges all day. I have completed 9 days so only 81 days to go... I started this program about this time last year and two weeks into it I discovered that I was pregnant so I stopped the program. Really hoping that the same thing doesn't happen this time! Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go on P90X!! I've heard about it but haven't attempted it myself. Walking is good, for now. :)
I'm impressed. Just the thought of P90X scares me. And yoga is not for me either. I feel so wrong even trying it.
Post a Comment