Sunday, April 11, 2010

Church's Chicken, BBQ, and Mushroom Risotto

This blog isn't entirely about food but when I open my internet, my blog pops up. I am tired of looking at the word "puking" in the title everytime I decide to get on the internet, so I need to put up a new post. How about just some miscellaneous what-not...

*The neighbors blew up a giant Church's Chicken bouncy house. Sure fun, but really...church's chicken? I wonder how long that will stay up...

*Had our first official bbq of the season and enjoyed lots of laughter and good company out on the deck in the beautiful weather. One gal asked me what my grandma's name is. I said, "Nelvina". She said, "What do you call her, Nellie?" I said, "No...Grandma." Too funny.

*EastLake is amazing and energizing, but sometimes it wears me out. By the time Monday afternoon rolls around, I am often ready to leave on vacation.

*That cool apprentice position I applied for ended up being more hours than I could stand to be away from my new little bundle of squishiness so I took myself out of the running, but I am going to help out on the weekends that they need an extra set of hands and I am super excited about that! I am also going to study up on the things I can like flowers and etiquette. I ordered the "big book" of Emily Post's Etiquette...oh yeah.

*Worship Night at ECC was so very cool. It started with the lights out, a little Bon Jovi as the intro with a video imagery to go along with it, followed by a sudden switch and spotlight on the drummer for a rockin' drum solo (scared the chic next to me so much so she jumped out of her seat), enter the band and off we go! A little communion, 12 baptisms (one spontaneous), and a lot of rockin out made for a really good time. Ryan came up with the intro, so it was fun to see it come to life.

*My baby has way too many toys already and I have not bought one of them. We need a toy basket. His favorites seem to be the singing monkey that croaks, the red faced glow worm (which at first i thought might actually be scary, but he laughed at it), and some teething beads that look like he is carrying around some rosary beads. Oh and Sunshine Suzie...she talks in a high pitched voice and says, "Hi Hudson! I love you!" She makes him smile as well.

*I spent a few days at my parent's house last week for a little break from my day to day routine. I came back refreshed! Then the weekend came and now I need to go back for another break...

*Last Girl's Night Out was this week. I will miss getting to eat a new restaurant each week and an excuse to hang out with the ladies! I tried some great food in the mix...mushroom risotto, enchiladas, pineapple chicken fried rice in a pineapple, and a couple of great salads. I didn't venture too far out of my comfort zone with my food selection.

*During GNO I gained a new appreciation for downtown Lawrence. It really has a pulse at night full of action and people moving all about. It kind of made me want to live in a condo down where the action is. Sometimes I miss driving into my securely gated building, jumping in the elevator, and running into my neighbors in the hall. I don't miss having to take Mavie down to use the bathroom.

I think that's all for tonight. :)

No comments: