Wednesday, December 2, 2009

To Induce or Not to Induce...

that is the question. Baby is fine in there, he's just smooshed a little. I'm keeping my appointment for Sunday night but...just not sure that I will go through with it. We'll see. My dr. is on vacay this week so I didn't get a chance to see and talk with her today. I met another dr. who I don't much care if I see again...not my favorite. I'm still at a one. :) :/ :(

Tomorrow calls for some tastefully simple beer bread. Yummm.

Come on little guy! Let's do this thing before Sunday night. I can make sure you are warm and cuddly on the outside too.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I have heard if you take a nice long walk, up hill it will help the baby come out! Then again, what do I know???

The Fords said...

Being induced is not the end of the world. I never got past a one either and Grant and I walked my pregnant butt all over Towne West EVERY NIGHT. According to the Dr. my pelvic bones were too narrow and not allowing Carson to drop down so he wasn't coming out that way regardless. So, try a walk, I've heard it can help but if you have to be induced, don't fear it, everything will be fine and when it's all over you have a gorgeous baby to reward you for your struggle. Thinking of you! ~Heather

Michelle said...

Yea, walking didn't work so well for me. I walked and walked and walked and wa-alked (sung with a high opera type of voice)...and nothing.

For what it's worth:

-REASONS TO INDUCE-
* contractions induced with petocin (induction medicine) are much more intense than normal contractions
* baby is in danger and needs to come out (getting too big, etc)

-REASONS TO WAIT-
* baby is healthy
* baby is not more than two weeks overdue (normal for first time mom's to go over)

There are lots more reasons for each but I don't want to bombard you. I know you will make the decision that's best for baby, Tiffany. You're going to be a great mom and I can't WAIT to see the little guy. Please keep us updated. Do you have a list of people you're going to call when you're going into labor/he's born?

Love ya...hang in there!

Debi said...

Hang in there, Tiffany. No matter what you decide, I can PROMISE you that you won't be pregnant forever :-)

brianne said...

induced 3 times..scary thought at first, but really not that bad at all.

Erika said...

I've been wondering about you....:) Keep us posted!