I've decided to proceed with the scheduled induction tomorrow night at 7:30. I am unsure about what to expect which makes it hard for me to mentally prepare for what's to come. Since the birth class a couple months ago I have mentally going over what to expect, how I would cope and deal with it all in a natural birth sort of way. Without an appointment with my actual dr last week I feel uncertain and unprepared for what will be going on once I arrive at the hospital. I do know that it won't last forever and then there will be a baby so I guess I just have to focus on that. I am also concerned with how I will be treated by the hospital. I would like to know what is going on before they do it and I fear that they may not want to include me in a discussion about options before they just do something...this stemming from the dr. appt I had last week with whats-her-face. In my own little world, I was going to have this baby naturally but in a hospital for the convenience of medicine if something were to go wrong. My body doesn't respond well to meds in general...not even vitamins...the side effects are usually worse than whatever is wrong with me. I'm beginning to think that what I really wanted was to have the baby at a birthing center...
Anyway, time to put on my big girl pants and go do this thing. We'll be off to the hospital tomorrow night! We'll try to keep facebook updated. I can't believe I'm going to have a real life baby...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm really ready for this real live baby! Enough of this fake one we keep talking about! :)
Good Luck! I'll be praying for you that all goes well and that too many medical interventions aren't needed
I will be thinking of you and can't wait to meet him.
tiff- i was induced with 2 of my 3 kids, you will be fine. Sometime's you just have to trust the doctors! I was "mentally" and physically done! Anyway- my tips for you- don't be afraid of the epidural- it will help you relax and let the meds work. either way you will be a mom soon and that is the most important thing! You will do great and our prayers are with you! good luck!
I can't wait to hear the news!!! I'll pray tomorrow night.
You are in my thoughts this evening. Keep us posted!! YEAH!!
Post a Comment