Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fantastically Productive

I love being productive!! I love it when there is something to show for your work at the end of the day. We just had an extremely productive weekend and it isn't even over yet. Mom and Dad came down to help us with some projects too big for us to handle ourselves. Thank the Lord for their willingness, time, and energy! I have some willingness and time, but NO energy. Ryan and Dad began work on THE theater room in the basement. They moved the framing for the doorway and built out the soffet (sp?), and got a few other necessary steps taken care of in order to do the next thing. The next step is for Ryan to begin to run the wiring for his sound and for the electricity. He is so very excited about this project and is having a lot of fun so far. I am feeling a party coming on...a grand opening of the Classen Home Theater...it will be a loud party and maybe anyone who has a hand in helping out is on the VIP invite list...probably should also invite the neighbors next door.
Side note: I am sitting out on the deck in the gorgeous sunshine as I type this which just happens to be infested with lady bugs and one just rammed into my forehead! AND I just pulled one out of my pants who had made it half way up my leg. Irritating little suckers.
Anywho, Dad and Ryan also created an organization system in the garage to get the stuff up off the floor so we have room to walk around the vehicles. Our garage is quite small for a 2 car garage and not only that, we have large vehiculars. So now we have a little recycling center, a peg board to hang stuff on and shelving as well. It looks fantastic!
While the guys were making all kinds of progress, Mom, Em, and I took on the daunting task of making THE target run for all remaining baby items needed before he gets here. (Once he's here, I'm sure there will be another list.) Coupons, gift cards, and list in hand we headed in there and didn't emerge for hours. I was pooped out! I am so glad that is over with. I could not have done it without their help. There was a lot of "do we have a coupon for that?", "do we we really need that?", "which one do we get?", "why are there so many of these?", "why can't we find it?" AND why on earth does Target put their diaper isle on the other side of the store from the rest of the baby crap?! When you are as big and tired as I am and when you wore the wrong shoes for walking all over the place, you (I) don't want to go try to find this isle in a mystery location. C'mon Target, get it together. I also think that benches throughout the store would be a nice addition.
Well anyway, next Saturday we go to get the carseat installation inspected to tell us whether we are competent or not and then the little guy can safely come into the world. I can't believe it is November!! His estimated due date is November 29th. I begin weekly dr appointments tomorrow. Here we go!
Another side note: Next EastLake service is next Sunday, November 8th! Looking forward to another incredible time watching God do His thing. It is so insane to be a part of it all.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Dang right it'll be loud!!

Dr. Mike said...

Put me on the list for opening night! I can't wait to see everything.
Sounds like you are about as ready as possible. Have you watched any of those I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant shows and thought, WTH? How is that possible? :)

Michelle said...

Heidi and I were talking about how poorly some Targets are set up! We had to walk always across the store looking at diapers, then other stuff, then diapers. WE needed a bench and weren't preggers. Ge'ez. A man must have thought of that :)

AND..I wish I could come to your big theater room debut. Although, I imagine I wouldn't get an invite due to the "man comment" above. :)

Anonymous said...

I just hate that unlike Walmart Targets are not all set up the same. When I go into Target I want to go and get out and if I happen to be at another Target it is not that easy and with two little ones withyou it makes it even more frustrating. I sent a gift to Laura for you since i did not have your Addy I am sure she will get it too you. If she keeps it well then she has something to hide because she does not need what I sent her. :) Good Luck!!

Debi said...

Wheeeee, November (and new babies) is here. My daughter is due November 30 - we'll see which one of you wins the race. Best of luck - I'm sure all will go well.

Mendy said...

if ryan needs help with the theater room i know a particularly gifted sound system designer/installer...

i'm not a mom, or pregnant, but i'll take target's crazy set up over walmart's parking lot anyday!!!

Laura said...

I'm glad you are ready for the baby. I have updated my blog finally. We need to get together soon.