I don't really have any one thing to blog about right now, but I feel that it is time for an update.
*We are going to our first birth class tonight. It is 5 weeks long every Tuesday evening. I am supposed to bring 2 pillows and a blanket. I'm pretty sure I just paid for a nap for Ryan and I. I have always been a fan of learning so I would probably find this class interesting even if I weren't pregnant. But I have my own ideas about what is going to help me get through labor and delivery, just by knowing myself and my nature...Bribery. Self-bribery. I use it all the time when there is something I don't want to do. The bribe usually involves food which I believe is a "no-no" during labor..which I don't understand b/c how else are you supposed to keep your energy up...seems counter productive. For instance, you know how much I really enjoy kids...really, not at all. Well, my job when I lived in Eagle, Colorado was to work at a little downtown kid's toy store. It was the only job I could find besides the lamp store, which seemed like a total bore. So needless to say, I really did not look forward to going to work. I would bribe myself with snacks to make it to work and through the work day. I would stop by the Eagle Pharmacy on my way to work for a dp and a snickers. When I knew I would have a difficult day at any job, I would make sure I kicked my morning off with a McGriddle and dp. Ice cream also does the trick. Well, since I won't be able to have food during labor and delivery, I will have to come up with some other small bribes to help me through the day(s). I'm sure breathing techniques will also help. I know with kidney stones, I just go into a zone and pray my butt off that the pain will go away. Maybe I'll also get some good tips for making it through kidney stone pain...double score.
*We have been attempting to find rocking chairs to no avail. Well, we are finding some but they are ugly. I don't feel like I should have to settle on an ugly chair for the sake of rocking.
*The backsplash, take 2, is almost done. A simple wood backplash is what we decided on. We are putting on the final coats of poly to protect it.
*This weekend is a baby stuff consignment fair that mom and I are going to in KC. Looking for steals and deals.
*We visited the power and light district of KC last weekend and celebrated my bday at a dueling piano bar. It was fun to sing along to songs that you know, really loudly, but no one can hear you. The area is really cool and an obvious hot spot at night.
*1/2 price books is such a fave of mine. I picked up a bunch of prego/baby books this week. I only bought the ones that seemed to have a sense of humor. That is what I need right now...not a text book. Like the one called "Breastfeeding Sucks"...that one is bound to be good. I also find Jenny McCarthy's tell it like it is approach refreshing so I snagged her books as well.
*I have been trying new recipes lately and adding to my menu options. I still don't feel like I am in a very good meal planning, shopping, prepping routine yet. Still working on that whole biz. But Ryan is a patient guy, so that's good. I've tried to coach him on other things to say about the dish when I ask him if he likes it other than, "It's edible". That one is starting to rub me the wrong way. It's usually because the dish has a vegetable in it and he doesn't care for that. After beef and noodles the other night, I got the "It's edible" response and so upon further prodding it was because the baby carrots were whole and not chopped up. Maybe I should just start taking the edible comment as a compliment and call it a day. I've got to be able to start somewhere.
*New shows starting this week: Oprah, Biggest Loser, SYTYCD, The Office, Project Runway is of course going already...and my tv isn't compatible the only cable service provider for my area in Lawrence so I can't set it to record a blasted thing. Please, AT&T, come to west Lawrence...we can't stand sunflower's monopoly...
*Lawrence has a Pyramid Pizza, which I haven't had since college...just a couple of years ago...:). I don't really care for pizza since I OD'd on it in high school while working at the Hut, but Pyramid has BONES. I am really looking forward to a night with BONES one of these days. If you don't know what bones are, it will probably sound disgusting but it's good...large amounts of pizza dough baked to perfection with cheese in the middle that you dip in honey. Yummm. I would like one or two right now.
*Tuesday is cleaning day and I've done everything but the bathrooms. I should probably go do that as fun as that is going to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always knew we were alike, I bribe myself with food also. Maybe that is my problem with dieting.
Post a Comment