Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday, Monday

Funny how I'm not working but today still feels like a Monday. I went to my bi-weekly doctor appt this morning. I inquired about the "sweet drink" test that I had not yet heard the results of only to find out that the lab had canceled my test for some unknown reason, thus requiring me to go back to do another round. I was not too happy about that. The doctor could sense my unhappiness and offered an alternative which is to go do a blood test w/out the sweet drink part of it, so in a few days when I am not as frustrated I will go do that.
We had a great weekend with a visit from my mom. She brought her carpet cleaner and she graciously cleaned my stairs, living room, hallway, and car seats. They look fantastic! All the paint spills and splatters came out of the carpet on the stairs. I was shocked! She also brought her sewing machine and converted my king size shams into queen size shams. I like to buy king size blankets/comforters for our queen bed so there is lots of blanket for everyone, but when you get the bed in a bag it comes with shams that are entirely too big for the bed. I'm so thankful for her work on these projects. We also went to a consignment fair and several garage sales. The fair was a bust due to overpriced used items but the yield from the garage sales was good. I got a cradle for cheap. I am hoping to use this on the main floor during the day for the hubba bubs to sleep in. Mavie seemed to like it. What Mavie really liked was a toy alligator I picked up at a garage sale for 50 cents. I fully intend it to be a baby toy but he took one look at that and hauled it off to the living room without asking. He was pretty sure it was for him. Until the baby's toys stop being colorful and stuffed, I'm pretty sure they will be shared toys. I'll just wash them often.
I tried several new recipes this week including a Mexican Salad, Apple Carmel Pizza, Parmesean crusted tilapia. They all turned out pretty good!
Ryan took the weekend to complete some of his projects around the house, watch football, and go golfing so he also had a great time.
Lastly, we met up with our volunteers on Saturday for EastLake Lawrence and we have such a fantastic crew that is ready to roll on October 11. The launch date is getting so close!

No comments: