Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Navy it is

The nursery will be brown and navy. I have officially had the paint customized and it is ready to roll out. Our home has extremely textured walls but even so, I am also going to attempt a glazed stripe over the navy to add some character and dimension to the project. We'll see if I can get a good straight line with that. I am still toying around with what I want the focal point of the back wall to be. So far my ideas include finding a sign shop that will make me a vinyl wall decal...I'll keep you posted on that one. :) The baby officially has a stroller (travel system) and a crib so at least if I get nothing else done, he has a seat in the car, a ride around, and a place to sleep. I'm not worried. I've still got lots of time. November is still a long way off...so it seems.
My sci-fi body continues to change for the weirder and I get super tired super fast. And it's not just tired. Once I get tired, I don't feel good either. So I am trying to be realistic about what I should be accomplishing in a day. Sometimes, I will have a super productive day but then the next day I am so wiped out that I feel a little worthless. I'm pretty thankful that I am not trying to function at a place of business right now. I can do as much work as I can and then rest and adjust my days as needed. Speaking of not "working"...it's odd. Odd feeling, odd adjustment, who am I, what's my purpose, a little guilt...it's all still very...odd. Even though I do know my purpose and I am working on a lot of things right now...still odd.
On another house note...the new countertops will be here this week and we hope to have them installed by the weekend! Aahh-yeah. I'm still on the furniture hunt and we took a trip to the Nebraska Furniture Mart in KC yesterday. The guy who worked there and who was stalking me around the bed section told me that it is the biggest furniture store in AMERICA. It's big, people. They need snack shacks set up in there like at Disneyland and a little tram would have been nice as well. Don't worry I had snacks in my purse. It was a lot of stimulation so I just did an overview. I shall make a return trip to the furniture disneyland but I'm going in with a plan and a man. It will require both.
One more thing. I am excited about our new neighbors...K-staters, 3 boys, and are excited about Ryan's theater room. So I'll have a go-to hopefully on this whole boy-business, Ryan will have a dude to help him with the set up and since they are already noisy with the 3 boys they aren't going to care if we have a screaming kid or a thumpin' system, and the youngest one is 3 so maybe our little guy will have a playmate eventually (you know, after the sleep, eat, poop stage).
Alright that's all for today. Dinner date tonight with Luna and I'm makin' Russian chicken...that's right. I feel the need for everyone to try it and it's one of my favorites so what better excuse. Yummmm.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Funny that I read your entire blog and all I thought to comment about was the Russian chicken...can I have the recipe?

NFM...LOVE IT! But I agree about needing snack shacks and a tram. It's exhausting prego or not!

Can't wait to see pics of your new place: baby's room, etc!

And, the sci-fi body. Totally get it. Right now I'm SO tired all the time. And I have feet that look like pillows, but that's a WHOLE other kind of sci-fi.

Anywho...keep the blogs (and recipes) comin'. Have fun with Luna tonight. Maybe Jason and I will move to KC sometime and we'll be able to get together for dinner on a random Tuesday night. That would be great!

Laura said...

Thanks for dinner. The Russian chicken was great. See you on Monday.

tiff said...

Michelle-I will post the russian chic recipe next, cuz it's goooooood. At least you are able to wear flip flops on your pillow feet. What will I wear in November when I have pillow feet...slippers? Can't wait for you to move to KC...soon I hope. :)
Luna-Thanks for hangin' out in the closet on the floor tonight lookin' at baby stuff. Always good times.