In my new role as CHE (Chief Home Executive) I will have many responsibilities that I have not yet in my life spent a great deal of time paying attention to. Dinner for one. Ryan and I have really never had the same schedule and so when one of us doesn't get off until 8 or 10 pm then there is no cooking dinner, just fending for yourself. Anyway, I started putting together some meal plans today in preparation for my new job. I'm going through my recipe box and creating a quick reference for meals when I realized I've never paid any attention to side dishes. I have all these entrees but no side dishes. I keep putting salad and green beans with everything. I need some diversity! So needless to say I've got some work to do and creativity to use on complimentary side dishes.
In my need to feel productive and like I am contributing, I'm creating a vision, mission, and job task statement for myself. I find that I need to know what my goals are, what I'm working towards, and what I am to get done at the end of the day. I think I just need a little structure (with lots of flexibility) to make sure that I am on point. My biggest fear is that each day will run into the next and nothing will get done.
I'm excited for the new challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love this side dish and think you will too because you can cover them in ketchup (granted you have some on hand) :)
New Potatoes with Butter and Chives
Clean and boil small red or white new potatoes until tender. Drain. Put in serving dish. Top with butter, chives, salt, and pepper (really, you can add whatever you like. I don't like pepper so I leave it out). That's it!! It's SO delicious. Sometimes I add parsley instead of chives depending on what I have on hand. Dill would also be nice. You can totally experiment with this dish with different herbs and seasonings.
I forgot to say that after you add all the toppings you mix it all together.
Yummm, that sounds so good. I'll add it into my mix. Thanks!! I kind of want to eat it now... But I'm trying not to buy anymore food. 1 week until departure. Got the penske reminder call at 8:15 this morning...rude. But better than the state farm chic who called at 6:45am last week and had an attitude!
If you like corn here's a fun corn salad recipe:
corn (canned, thawed frozen corn, or cut off the cobb)
jalapeno peppers (chopped; just to add a little green and spicy-ness)
salt and pepper
a little olive oil (a splash, i guess)
feta cheese (crumbled)
I usually grill 4 or 5 corn-on-cobbs with the husks on, then cut the corn off the cobb and mix in the other stuff. I just like the flavor of grilled corn and if we're grilling other things too it works. But you can use canned or frozen corn too to save time.
You can eat the salad as is but you can also add the leftovers to romaine lettuce with black beans, tomatoes and guacamole for a "fiesta salad" for lunch or something.
i got more where that came from! i make a mean side.
Yummmmmmm...love it. That sounds so good. I think I may need to eat lunch. I can't wait to make that one too. Thanks for the ideas girls!
I think everything may sound good to you right now. :) How about this:
mix one can ravioli
one cup fresh watermelon
chopped pickles to taste
1c. heavy whipping cream
Top with Hunt's ketchup
How does that sound, pregnant girl? Boy, I'm a little sassy, huh?
Meesh, You crack me up.
Tiff - are you making business cards for your new position as CHE?
GROSS, Michelle! Bleh.
Tiff if you are making Business cards I will need some too.I have been a CHE for a few years and no one told me I could have business cards. Why is it my sis shares all the good ideas with you and keeps them from me.
I am sorry to say some days will run together but for the most part it is the Hardest Job you will Ever Love.
I will compile some of our favorites and send them to you (dinner and sides). I am so glad you all are moving back to KS. I know Laura is very excited.
Godd Luck with the Drive Back~ Sara
Post a Comment