Thursday, July 9, 2009

Changes followed by more Changes

So this is my first week not going to work and I'll admit that I feel a little lost. I am still having work dreams though so it sort of feels like I am still going to work. I have pretty much packed the condo as much as I am going to for right now anyway. Today I re-caulked the tub and started to wash the blankets in the house. I had big plans of going to the beach everyday to get my tan on but it has been cloudy and 60 degrees since Monday. I'm not complaining about the weather. I think that I will have plenty of hot sunshine coming my way very shortly. Just didn't want to stroll back into KS with my pasty white legs blinding all those I walk by.
In other changes, EVERYTHING on my body is getting BIGGER. So it's official, I'm not going to be one of those cute little pregnant chics that just has a little ball out front. Nope, I'm going to be one of those that no matter what will just get blobby. What purpose does it really serve for my legs and butt to get bigger and jigglier? How on earth is that going to help the baby grow or help out in delivery? Extra padding to lay on? I am certainly going to have my work cut out for me once baby C is done taking over my body. I'm not even eating that much! Mostly because now I am experiencing some acid reflux-ness. Last night I had to go to bed sitting up b/c everytime I laid down, here it came!
Ryan gets back in less than one week. Mavie and I are excited to be reunited. Mavie is going to the salon today and I tomorrow so that we can look our best when we pick him up from the airport. Then we will get things wrapped up at the condo and begin our trek to KS. Wow, it's so close!

4 comments:

Carmen said...

I'm sorry you're starting to feel big. I'm still super excited to see your growing belly! Can't wait to hear what you're having (if you share, I guess) and to see you all soon!

Laura said...

I'm counting down the days for you to be back in KS. I keep praying for cooler weather for your return.

Erika said...

Yes, yes, the body does change. There's nothing like having a baby to make you view your body as more "functional" than "aesthetic".

Michelle said...

Like Laura, I'm praying for a cooler Kansas when you come (maybe you could bring some of Seattle with you in that regard!!). Axid reflux-ness is one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me. I didn't really experience it until the latter part of pregnancy but it makes already difficult sleeping even worse. Sigh. It's ALL worth it in the end (that's what I tell myself when I can't sleep, am burning up from the heat, hungry for something sweet that I can't have, and when just the thought of picking up something off the floor sends me over the edge. I've been known to drop something on the floor, look at it, and decide whether it's important enough to pick up or not. Usually, it's not...or I make puppy-dog eyes at Jas and he picks it up...hmmm, I might miss some of this pregnancy thing after all! It's all worth it, it's all worth it, it's all worth it :)