Saturday, June 20, 2009

RENT

My friend KG treated me to RENT the musical last night and it was FANTASTIC! What a wonderful gift. She was treating me to an early B-day gift as I won't be in the area when my b-day rolls around. I am sure going to miss my good friends in Seattle. (I do have a secret plan to find them hot KS men so that they will fall in love and move to the area with me...so that we can all sit in the AC together during the hot sticky summer months and dream about the beautiful Seattle summers...it's like 65 degrees here by the way...perfect summer weather...flip flops and sweatshirts) Back to the show. The music was so great. It is only in Seattle through Sunday so what a priviledge to get to be there. It starred the original 2 leading guys from the original production and the movie. One of which was also in Adventures of Babysitting, a classic movie from my growing up years. So fun! I'm going to search the sonos for more music by Adam Pascal, who had a great edgy voice that I am always drawn to. I love going to live Broadway musical productions. It's always such a treat. I decided that I would start preserving my playbills by framing them and using them in the decor of my home. Unfortunately, I started this after my last trip to NYC which means that I don't still have my playbills from The Rockettes show, Stomp nor Young Frankenstein when it was here. Bummer. BUT I do have them from Wicked, Chicago, CATS, and now RENT. There are sooo many more that I want to see. I believe that shows come to KC so hopefully, I will be fortunate to see many more. It was kind of fun (funny) to see a group of men all dressed up in drag...who when I was making my way back from the bathroom up 3 flights of stairs, I got caught in the middle of. All of us making it up the stairs in our heels. Mine were the only ones that weren't platform. I have never felt so short or underdressed. I was eye level with a very hairy arm. Good times.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so happy that you got to enjoy Rent before your trek back to the heat of KS. I'm even more excited to go to musicals with you in KC.

Michelle said...

How fun! I hope you enjoy every last second of fun in Seattle! It's SO miserably hot here---supposed to be 100 degrees all week :(