Monday, June 22, 2009

1st Baby Shower

The shower was put on by my good friends at work. It was a fantastic time! The theme was "Ugly Babies", which was really funny. Lynette wanted me to know that not all babies are cute. I'm all for an atypical shower.


We played the guess what is in the poopy looking diaper game...really disgusting. I got every answer wrong. It was all types of baby food and my answers were things like ketchup and mustard. But seriously, that crap stunk! Why do we make babies eat that stuff?

Then I was showered with lots of great gifts!! I can't believe how much stuff this little group of people gave to us. It is such a blessing to have such great people in my life. I am really blown away. Here's a shot of everything once I got it home.

A couple of the ladies in the group also bought me a crib at the work auction we had last week. All the items were from model homes and so I have a never been used crib! I can't believe the generosity!!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

love the HOOTER HIDERS! what a great name for that.

Laura said...

I love the ugly baby shower idea, however I don't think you will have an ugly baby.

tiff said...

If I do have a slightly ugly baby, I probably just won't post a lot of pics until they grow out of that a little bit. But I'll let you know that they are healthy. :) Some say I won't know if the baby is ugly. I think I'll know...I'll still love it bunches and bunches even if it isn't cute. They don't call it "a face only a mother could love" for nothing.

Mom said...

You will have a cute baby, after all you were a very cute baby - lots of black hair when you were born!
You are right - you have been blessed with wonderful, generous friends in Seattle. Looks like Baby C. is going to need a closet before long!