Thursday, June 4, 2009
Holy Baby Crap, Batman!
Okay, that was not fun. THAT was overwhelming. My goal was to get some basic items on the baby registry today. Didn't happen! All we got done today was opening a registry at Babies R Us and Target...and we did that from home. I got in front of ALL that stuff at Target today and froze. My mind was spinning. Why would there ever need to be 90 different bottle options???? OR 70 pacifiers??? Breast pumps galore!! I told Ryan, "I can't do this." So then I tried to quickly regroup. I thought what if I just focus on one thing at a time, like a stroller. There are less stroller options than there are bottle options, this will be easier. Not so much. Did you know that you can coordinate the stroller with the playpen with the bouncy seat with the carseat with the booster seat with the...have mercy. I had to get out of Target. Next stop Babies R Us...like the baby superstore was going to be much better. This time Ryan got the registry gun and he was ready to go. I found a rocking chair and sat in it for 15 minutes. I was going to zap that thing but it had no tag. We decide to focus on Cribs b/c they were right by the rocking chairs. Hmmm...now I've got to design my baby's room and I don't even know where that room is. Styles and colors, oh so many. Usually this isn't that hard for me. I blame hormones. Ryan's now frustrated and I need a nap. He returns the gun. We look at more strollers...we're nowhere closer to having a registry than when we left the house. Oh my. I will try again on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am rolling in laughter right now. But that is Oh So True!! You made me cry with laughter. FYI: Hormones will get worse, sorry! :)
Oh my. I'm sorry. There IS way too much to choose from! You could research it all until your face falls off! Reality is any of those gobs of bottles and pacifiers will probably work.
Better luck on Monday...at least now you know what you're up against! :)
I feel ya! Registering for pacifiers nearly threw me over the edge. Actually, I don't think we even registered for them it became so overwhelming!! And the other things, we've updated our registry a number of times (adding, deleting, changing, etc) throughout the months. And, if we change our minds again after someone has purchased something for us, we'll return it for what we want and won't feel bad about it even a little bit :)
Know this, you will get what you and need and some of what you want (and some of what you don't want---Santa outfit with bright green pants and terribly ugly santa top, for example). Our babies will be so loved and adored that they won't even notice that we chose the non-ortho pacifier or the...whatever...they will be loved and blessed and perfect and adored. Who cares what we register for!! As long as they have clothes and food and, honestly, the clothing is optional because their teeny-tiney little bums are just so, SO cute they don't even need that.
Enjoy the process, let yourself cry when you need to, and don't feel bad when you don't know why you're crying. Great, now I'm crying. Okay, that's all. Love you and I hope to see you at the shower!!
Oh, honey! So overwhelming! Good thing God gave us 9 months to get used to the idea of a baby and all that it entails! A newborn baby only needs 4 things - a dry bottom, a full tummy, sleep, and lots of love. Eventually all that other stuff may come in handy, but in reality you end up using only a few things. Love to you and Baby C.
Oh, now I'm crying. Thank you all for your perfect words. I shall conquer the registry...but not til Monday. I know you're probably thinking, "if she can't handle the registry, how is she going to handle being a mama?" Well, I'm not sure. No guarantees that will go any better.
They really do need VERY little. All your items do NOT have to match. That is their ploy...get you to think you need every little thing. That baby won't care one bit. All that marketing is for the parents. I still laugh and roll my eyes every time a go into that section of Target. You'll do great Tiff!!
Post a Comment