Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Official

We're moving back to KS. Well, Ryan has already moved. He took off on Friday and has officially made it back to KS soil. He found a JOB!! And starts Monday. He will be working as a project manager for Home Depot, traveling from Junction City to KC. Getting this job was one of those God orchestrated events that not only leaves you in awe of God and how much he really does love and care for us, but also feeling a little silly that you were ever worried about it. So I'll try to share the highlights of what transpired...
While we were in KS last month, Ryan got an email about a sales position with HD that he had applied for a few months prior, not the job he got. They were having a set interview time during the time we had planned on being in KC, so he of course was going to go. While we were visiting Tony and Carmen in Manhattan, Ryan tried to call to reserve his spot for an interview. His phone wasn't working at the location we were staying, but Tony's was. So Ryan dials the number and lo and behold a person's name pops up as the contact he was calling...Tony knew the guy he was going to be interviewing with. So Tony calls ahead to put in a good word for Ryan and finds out about this project manager position and 30 minutes before the sales interview is supposed to start gets Ryan a chance to interview for the PM position. Ryan walks in, does not interview for the sales spot but for the PM and by the end of the week he had the job. WHAT?! After months and months of searching and being let down and being worried, our loving God who had a plan all along just worked it all out in an amazing couple of days. "Okay..KS...cue interview email...disable phone connection...cue Tony...sales position, no...PM position, yes...okay, all done."
Well, I feel loved and taken care of by God.
Anywho, I will be working, I think, until July 3rd or so. Then sometime in July Ryan will fly out and we will get the stuff moved back. Oh, we are moving to the Lawrence/KC area. Ryan will be scoping out somewhere for us to live. That's 3x in our marriage thus far that he has got to select where we live without me even seeing it. So far he's done great! Okay, the studio in Bellevue was a little small and I had a minor freak out for a moment, but it turned out fine.
See you all soon!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Hooray!!!

Erika said...

Hip hip hooray! Well, you have several Kearney Girls who are doing backflips! We need to plan a get-together soon...maybe out at the place Hannah's party was???

tiff said...

I like your thinking Paprika!! Can't wait to be near you all again. I'll stop missing the KG retreats now. :)

Michelle said...

I would LOVE to get together again. I don't think I'll be able to travel more than 2 hours starting at the beginning of July, although that seems a little early to me to be put on travel restrictions.

Laura said...

I'm so very excited you are moving back, but this does limit my traveling to come and visit you. I guess we can just start our journeys in the same place or do day road trips together. I would love a gathering and would be willing to put something together for when you are back. Not sure how all this will pan out with all the babies on the way. And Meesh, I think there is a reason to limit your traveling...I don't want to deliver a baby.