Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Baby registry
My dear friend Wendy is organizing a baby shower for me at work at the end of the month. So now I need to register for something! What do all you moms, aunties and grandmas (or uncles and dads) recommend registering for? I really don't know where to start. Please share your thoughts and ideas with me. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Crib sheets, mattress pad, receiving blankets. You go through a lot of those and it helps with not having to do laundry 24/7
You pretty much lived in those all-in-one things that first winter. (I can't remember what they are called). No little toes sticking out and getting cold or shirt riding up and having a cold tummy or back.
Carson still loves his aquarium that hangs on the side of his crib and he's almost 2 1/2! It also lets me know when he's awake because he pushes the button to play the music. ~Heather
Sleep sacks! They're little sleepers with an elasticized opening at the bottom. Perfect for mid-night diaper changes.
Other bigger products you might consider: a bouncy seat, a play mat (Charlie never had one, but I know babies who love them), a Boppy pillow (all-purpose, whether or not you plan on nursing), and a sling or carrier like a Baby Bjorn.
Hope that helps! I'm so excited for you!
People will get you a ton of clothes, so when you are out shopping on your own, buy bigger sizes like 9 to 12 months, because they are not in the tiny clothes for very long.
Swing, Stroller, Carseat, Bouncy Seat, Nursery Bedding.
Baby extras like bouncy seats, exercausers, swings, bathtubs, etc. can be found in very gently used condition for cheap at garage sales, nicer thrift stores, and children's resale shops, so if you'd rather get them there, you can get the more fun stuff from other people :)
The Crib toy is essential we still use ours and we have the aquarium too. YOu need a Travel system or a pumkin seat and stroller combo. Highchair eventhough you won't need it for a bit, a Big swing and a bouncer. But, here is the key whatever you do not get DO NOT BUY!! I would be happy to share my stuff since I know we are NOT having anymore kids! The list goes on and on so check out Babies R Us and Target.com and the have starter lists. Good luck and email me if you have any questions or you can always call to Laura has my number. :)
Pretty sure the baby wipe warmer is an essential!
Tiff, go to www.babiesrus.com or www.babycenter.com
Both websites have lists of things new parents need. I'll also send you the list we made (based on these lists + our needs).
I agree with Emily... The baby wipe warmer is necessary. Who wants their bum wiped with a cold cloth? I guess that is the advice you get from the non-moms.
My other fave purchase for baby showers is Buttpaste.
Post a Comment