Yesterday, it did all those things in one day. It was like I was in KS, where if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. It was weird. The hail was small but loud. I looked out the window and all the neighbors were out on their porches with their cameras! One kid was out jumping around in it. It is just so obvious that the folks out here aren't used to this kind of weather. It brought me back to the last hail storm I experience before leaving KS. The hail was baseball size and as I ran out to move my car I got hit by the stuff and it left a mark. That's all in weather news.
So Ryan finally got to have his Christmas gift yesterday as we went to see the one and only...Barry Manilow! Lots of screaming women (including an incredibly off key screamer that sat behind us, if there is such a thing). Ryan grew up listening to Barry among others so he was incredibly pumped to see him live. I tried to take a picture of him singing into my glow stick, but it was too dark. We had a good time, but maybe not as much fun as the drunk, off-key screamer. She had a REAL good time.
Now that Ryan is home whenever I am...:)...I've had the opportunity to watch/listen to a lot more ESPN. The new term that I learned this week and have tried to use in normal conversation is "SPLAPA!" I'm not really sure what it means, but if you say it with enough excitment at the right moment, it works. Feel free to try it at home. Maybe your husbands will be impressed.
We have successfully made 4 new chicken recipes this week! All very good!! We halved them since there are only 2 of us so the leftovers have been minimal, giving us the opportunity to make more dishes. I may need to take a break from chicken after this week...
No news on the job front yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you got to enjoy Barry Manilow. I saw all the crazy weather there and was thinking how much it would suck. I hope it gets nicer soon.
Post a Comment