Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh What a Week

My computer got a virus and stopped functioning all together. I was surprised that I was a little lost without it! I couldn't check or update the blog, facebook, email...i was disconnected from my online community. It was also an extremely emotional week as once again I said goodbye to yet another member on my team. The economy has not been good to our industry.
On a brighter note, I was able to go to a birthday party for my friend last night and it was such a wonderful time of great people and conversations. It made me long for deep connected friendships with great women as I listened to these friends' stories and laughter. It also made me thankful for the couple friendships that I have here in Seattle. The home that the party was at had 3 GORGEOUS chocolate labs that I immediately fell in love with. They were so lovey and calm. I've always heard that labs make great family dogs, but it was unreal how genuinely giving these dogs were.
I'm really looking forward to this next week, however it will be busy. We have the Night of the Stars this week which honors the real estate agents in the are that have sold a Quadrant Home in 2008. We reserve the Space Needle for the night and all the agents are invited to attend. There are casino games set up around the observation deck, food, prizes, and unveilings for 2009. It's going to be a fun night! There are a few other work meetings that are happening this week that make it a big week as well. THEN on Friday night my friend and I are off to NYC for the long weekend! I am so excited! Yes, it will be chilly but I bet we hardly notice. :) This time I won't be in training all day so we will be able to take advantage of the daylight! We want to see at least one show, visit The Met, eat in Little Italy, buy a bag in China town, and get a visual on SO many other things...Bryant Park, Times Square, Central Park, Madison Ave, Rockefellar Center...I mean it's New York. We could just people watch and I'd have fun. I'm so thankful that I have used the subway system and therefore, I'm not scared to do it again. We are staying in "petite" rooms at the Paramount Hotel near Times Square. I thought the regular room that I stayed in last year at the Holiday Inn was pretty petite...so I'll be interested if I can touch both sides of the room while standing in the middle. I could care less about that. I'm ready for a break! My last break was my b-day weekend which has been about 4 months ago now. It's time. This could become a annual/semi-annual Girl Trip...so let me know you want to be a part of it! The more the merrier!
Next Month: Washington DC AND Kansas.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Isn't it crazy how much we depend on computers these days. I'm glad you are back up and running. You are in need of a break, enjoy NYC. I'm excited to see KS on you calendar for Feb. If you have time I would love to see you even if it is brief.