Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Angry Dudes


So I was reading the Declaration of Independence...and we really didn't like the King of England, I'm pretty sure we hated him. They were all up in our business, didn't take our ideas into consideration, and they really didn't have our best interests at heart. It gets pretty powerful at the end where we start "declaring and publishing" stuff...which reminded me of an episode from The Office that they just showed at church a couple weeks ago...it's the one where Michael Scott comes out and yells at the top of his lungs, "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!" and then goes back into his office. He is then informed that it doesn't really work that way. Anyway, we as a group of angry dudes made our Declaration of Independence. Ryan says that I now need to watch The Patriot so I can brush up on the Revolutionary War. My 5th grade teacher told our class that if there was only one thing that we remembered from the 5th grade it was this, "No Taxation without Representation". I still remember Mr. Fischer. We'll dump all your stupid tea in the harbor, don't mess with us mean King of England. Tea tastes like dirt anyway...belongs in the harbor. There is your history recap from today's learnings.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You go to a church that plays "The Office." Dude, I'm going to the wrong church! ;)