Sunday, November 30, 2008
Christmas Decor
We decided to put up half of the tree this year. I can't get a good picture of it to post here. So last year I bought a tree on Craig's List for $15. It is quite massive. Last year I put it together on the day after thanksgiving and it took me over 4 hours to put together and properly "fluff" all the branches. Whew! So this year, I knew I had to get Ryan involved. Well, he is such a precision "fluffer" that we were still on the 4 hour track. So I dove in to speed "fluff" and realized that because I wanted the tree centered on our windows and not in the corner that the tree was going to take up half of the room. So I think, what if we only put together half of the tree, sort of a half circle and then we can get it right up to the wall. I felt quite smart until we got a fair number of the lower branches in and the tree toppled over on me. Well, we still went with the idea only we anchored the tree to wall! We'll have some minor patching to do once the holiday is over, but the tree looks beautiful now! You can hardly tell it's only a half tree. Ryan thinks it needs more lights and more decorations, so maybe we aren't completely finished decorating yet. Speaking of Ryan, I've seen him for all of 15 minutes since Thursday. He's way too pooped to party right now, putting lots of long hours in at Magnolia. Black Friday tends to bring out the wheelers and dealers so he is pretty exhausted after dealing with that all day. Crazy times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you are creative enough to think to only put up half the tree. I can totally see it in your living room in front of the window.
Post a Comment