Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just a Bunch of Whatnots...

I don't have any one thing to blog about this time, but thought I would give an update anywho.
I am enjoying a 4 day weekend at home courteous of QH. Wednesday night Em and I had some sister time and tried a new restaurant called Z Tejas in Bellevue (the restaurant isn't new, just new to us) and saw Kung Fu Panda. Skadoosh. Thursday, I used most of the day to catch up on work emails. Yesterday I cleaned and made dinner for Matt and Em. They came over to celebrate the 4th with a little bit of tennis, some hotdogs, potato salad and Ks Dirt Cake. We were able to catch about 15 different fireworks shows from our balcony out on the horizon. All the while we played Americana Lee Greenwood songs and sang along and then that turned into some old childhood faves by the Oakridge Boys and Alabama. The Americana songs took me back to being in the choir in elementary school and the children's choir at church. The ORB and Alabama took me to my living room in our house in Jewell dancing and singing to the record player. Roll On 18-Wheeler! Today, I'm going to do some reading, get my hair glamorized, and then it will be another night on the town with the Cox's. They have a new favorite restaurant they want to introduce us to and then of course there is a Will Smith movie out that everyone wants to see.
Mavie has received about 8 shots so far in his hyposensitization processs. He is still very itchy but they say there is a ramp up period when that is to be expected. I really hope this helps his little body deal with all the allergies he has. The shots don't seem to bother him a bit so that makes me feel better.
It has been a strange summer out here, not that I have many summers to compare it to but we actually had a couple legit thunderstorms this past week. Really loud thunder! I think between the Cox residence and ours we might have been the only people in the Seattle area who woke up and smiled and cozied back up and fell asleep. We don't miss those tornados but we do like a good thunderstorm once in awhile.
Thinking about getting a sewing machine...I think it might be fun to learn a bit more about sewing, that and Ryan keeps getting in fights with equipment at work and comes home with ripped pockets. It might be easier to sew in a straight line with a machine. I also have some pillows that I would like to have covers for and I can't find any in the stores around here. So I'm thinking that if I at least find some fabric that I like, maybe I could sew some. Maybe that's too ambitious, but that's never stopped me before. Anyone have any recommendations when it comes to purchasing a sewing machine new or used?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

skadoosh

Laura said...

You know I know nothing about sewing machines, however I love Alabama and the Oak Ridge Boys.