Change is good for me in so many ways. I love change. I don't fear it. I welcome it. I change things up just for fun. It keeps things interesting and throttles routine. I often forget that when I start to feel ho hum, blah-de-blah, and done with life as it is that all I need to do is figure out ways to change things up.
Today I rearranged my living room and bedroom. Is it my most perfect arrangement? No. Because I had that and I am tired of looking at the most perfect arrangement for my house. So I'll tweak it daily until I settle in to it. It will be cathartic and I'll get lost in it. This I why I love to go stage at the Cottage...change it up, make it look pretty...but I get absolutely lost in it. I could spend 8 hours doing it and it feel like 30 minutes. I wish I could do that every week, it would be so wonderful for my soul.
7 months into life and Stella has decided she's done breastfeeding and has requested the bottle so I've obliged her denial and request. And man do I feel freer! What? I have my body back to myself? Once I made it through the pain of drying up, this change is a welcomed one. Although I will admit that I did enjoy breastfeeding this go round and got a little teary knowing that Stella and I would be done with this phase of life.
A couple Sundays ago there was a Dave Ramsey talk played at church and it re-ignited my fire for pushing onward in our debt journey. I loved it. I love a little Dave Ramsey yelling at ya! We've been consistent and steady and tackling extra bills as they come in, but we'd lost our gazelle-like intensity. So we are aiming to gazelle it up again. We will lead another group in the fall to have the support around us once again. I am taking a job at The Gap part time in order to bring in a little extra cash and get a discount on clothing for the family. I am very excited about getting out of the house a little bit, being amongst the adult population a little more, and doing something for myself.
This Saturday, the summer walking group that I am co-leading starts and I am thrilled for that as well. It will be a scheduled time for me to workout, interact with other women, and do something that is good for me and that I enjoy. Hurray!!
I am hoping the little changes in life will invigorate and inspire me to get the baby weight off, feel better about myself, and enjoy the day to day a little more.
Change it up! It's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like refreshing stuff! Miss you all!
I echo your embrace of change! Love reading your updates!
Post a Comment