Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend at the Hamptons

Okay, it was a Thursday. And it was the Hampton Inn.

If you are a lady with a baby or small children, you know that sleep is a luxury. I can count on 2 hands the number of uninterrupted nights of sleep I've had in the last 3.5 years. I've been dreaming of a solo night in a hotel for the last 6 months for sure. You know you've thought about it too. Well, I did it.


While Ryan was here for the week for a conference, Em and I took the kids to Beloit for some crazy cousin/grandparent fun. It was a little too crazy and we came home a day early. Single parenting is for super heroes only.

Once the boys rolled into town we were outta there! Both kids were crying, one whining about going with me...no way little dude. No way. I talked Em into going halvsies on the hotel with me. I lured her in with promises of a quiet dinner and all the sleep we could cram into one night. SO EXCITED!!


Ahhh, how I love thee.


And it was snowing!! So if we squinted it was like we too were in Colorado, fresh off from a day on the slopes...


I had great intentions of blogging and blog organization and a whole lot of pinteresting, but I got very little of that done because I WENT TO SLEEP.


Yay for sleep!! Rest. Relaxation. Renewal. Do it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glory Be! I'm so glad you guys could go - you totally deserved it!