Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Seattle Bound!

I am beyond thrilled about my trip to Seattle tomorrow. My dear friend, Heather, is getting married on Friday. I am very excited to get to be a part of their special day. At this stage of our money makeover, we normally would have said "no" to a trip like this, but even though the budget for this month will be completely jacked up...I am glad I am taking this trip. I need some refreshment and renewal for me. I need to be amongst God's creation that I find beautiful. I need to be in temps that are 30+ degrees cooler. I need to be outside. I need a mommy break. I need a crafting break. I need a mental break. I need to read a book. I am tired and in need of refueling. Seattle will be my gas station.

I am taking on Seattle differently this time. I'm not making a point to do all our favorite things while I am there. I am purposely planning things this time around that I haven't done before...a day of thrifting/junking, a weekend trip to the Washington coast, a day trip to an island with book in hand...

Okay, I'll probably still eat at Joey's once and visit Bellevue Square...because it's pretty and I like pretty.

I know I will miss my little monkey very much, but it will be good for both of us.

No comments: