Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Just Make It Through" Thursday

Thursday is the end of our week. We can't wait for Friday when daddy is home and can spend some time with one highly energetic toddler. The heat, of course, isn't helping "Just Make It Through" Thursdays go any better. Today we ventured out to the Pet Store to see the fish and bunnies. Yesterday we ventured out to the wading pool. We've had to get out of the house this week before I start gutting the place and Hudson starts jumping off the walls. I was seriously contemplating whether if I ripped the tile out of the bathroom if I would hate looking at the sub-floor worse than I hate looking at the current tile...need to have more outings. I don't really care who comes first, Jesus or Fall, but one of them better get here quick.

Today, we also tackled laundry and made more laundry soap. I really enjoy not spending $8-12 every time we need more soap. This is the 3rd time since early this year that I have made soap. This time I went for the double batch. :)


If you are interested, that's 1c. borax, 1c. washing soda, 1 bar of soap. Grate the soap and toss it all in the blender. Use 1 TBS in each load. The end. Clothes come out clean, even colorful spills on white pants. Never had problems with it getting clumpy in the wash either. Big fan.

Here's the leaf bug that has been sitting outside our window today. Pretty cool bug!


2 comments:

Laura said...

I can't agree more about the Jesus or Fall comment. I would take either at this point.

Michelle said...

Love making my own laundry detergent, too! Works great. I don't currently have a working blender so I tried using it without blending and it seems to work just fine!