Sunday, June 3, 2012

Garage Sale Weekend

Along with the some of the other families from our Total Money Makeover Group last fall had been planning a garage sale for late spring or early summer. This past Saturday we pulled it off! We had 8 families participate and made over $1200! It was great weather and great social time. Hooray! (I wish I could remember to take pictures so I could insert them here...) This was the first time that I've done a garage sale that it didn't feel like the amount of work out weighed the payoff. Not only did I make about $200, I also scored a big trash bag FULL of legos!!! I am guessing the value to be between $300-$500 by today's costs. My jaw hit the ground and I snatched them up before anyone else could. I LOVE a good find. It made my day!! Our summer TMM group starts tomorrow and we will be off and running with a new set of folks. We may even have another sale at the end of summer to help them get some things sold and some extra money to reach their goals. I'm not sure what else I will have to sell though... :) On a side note: Ryan got to go golfing (for free) this weekend and almost hit 2 hole in ones! I'd say he's still got it even after not playing for over a year. It also made him miss playing a lot. I'm glad he got the chance to get out on the course. When we dropped him off, Hudson was very concerned and started crying. He told me we had to go back and get daddy. Then when we got home he told me McQueen (of Mater and McQueen from Cars 1 and 2) was scared because daddy was golfing, as he patted McQueen. I told McQueen it was going to be alright and that golfing was like playing. Oh McQueen...

No comments: