Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Scheduled Slip?

I don't know if there is such a thing, but over 2 months ago, I signed up to take a cooking class at the Merc with my friend, Margaret. Of course, I wasn't on any diet then because I hadn't yet flipped out about hot weather coming and the inevitable tank top, a lake trip, and my friend Heather coming to visit who has only known me as pregnant or still carrying around that baby weight. So we signed up for the class, Strawberry Desserts for Spring...

Tonight, I ate 4 small strawberry desserts AND a piece of crusty bread AND had Saracco wine, all after eating a very healthy and sensible dinner. Does the fact that the class was scheduled prior to OCSAH rules and regs give me a pass? Probably not, but I'm not going to beat myself up too badly about it. I won't let it send me over the edge to McDonald's tomorrow for McGriddles, McChickens, and DP. I'll just resume eating well tomorrow. The desserts were delicious for sure and I had a great time with Margaret!

Day 52...the strawberry goodness - 1, Me - 0.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Mmmm...I bet you savored every bite!

Mendy said...

i really think it's ok. i'll grant you the pass, for what it's worth. most plans for healthy eating as a LIFESTYLE recommend that you give yourself regular treats or a day off or whatever every once in a while otherwise you would never be able to stick to the healthy eating days with any fidelity. kind of like how you've had success with your OCSAH diet because you knew there was an end in sight. if you thought you would never again be able to eat bread, you probably would have lost your discipline weeks ago. or at least i would have. i think when your 60 days are up you should plan to have an eat-what-you-want-day once a week or once every two weeks or something to help you continue making good choices in between...my humble opinion.