Whew!! After a lot of final preparations for the weekend, I felt like we were as ready as we could be to pull off a fun Glitz & Glam event for 100 ladies on Saturday night. Good thing too b/c once Saturday morning hit there was absolutely no stopping until Sunday night. I even allowed a couple extra hours on Saturday early afternoon to experiment with some different hair-dos and make-up for our fabulous evening. So instead of doing that, we went to the emergency room. Hudson biffed it into the coffee table and got a huge gaping gash in his forehead. He's screaming, blood is gushing, I'm about to throw up, it seemed to me that Ryan was moving at a snail's pace while hollering me to calm down. We got some guaze taped on his forehead/eyebrow and took off for the ER. Hudson was a trooper the whole time. We had to wrap him up in a sheet so that they could stitch up his head. I can not stand the sight of blood or this laceration...my stomach told me it was going to be bad news if I stayed in the room while they stitched up my baby. Ryan was in there with him. So I stepped right outside the door, listened to him scream while they worked on him and just cried. The nurses were very nice and brought me tissue. By the time we made it home, I was already late for dropping Hudson off at the sitter in order to get to the Train Depot to set up for our event. So I spent 3 minutes on my hair, 30 seconds on my make-up and away we went, leaving my freshly sewn up baby in the care of 3 people I've never met...who's asking for an emotional meltdown...me, me, me!
With all hands on deck we glammed up the old train depot and still managed to get dressed before the ladies started to arrive. With the men of EastLake positioned as Valets, Ushers, photographer, DJ, and bartenders and the music pumpin', we kicked off the evening with a little Glam Girl mingle game, followed by movie clips and Chic Flick Trivia, a Table Icebreaker, and for the finale we had a Project Runway inspired fashion show. The ladies at the tables selected super models from their table and the rest of them were the designers. They were each given a box of unconventional supplies in which they could create their looks. They had 15 minutes to get their models ready and then they walked the runway! It was a hoot! Some of the ladies got very creative. We loved it. We had some great giveaways during the night and we capped it all off with a dance party. It was great. It was fun to see so many women laughing, having a great time, and making new friends.
We were back up bright and early on Sunday morning for a record breaking Sunday with Porn Sunday. Then of course a Super Crazy Bowl party in the afternoon/evening.
We are officially pooped out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The H-Man is such a trooper! I think the ER might become a regular hang out for him.
congrats, it's a boy! i've heard this is rather typical behavior for boys, so stock up on the gauze and butterfly tape! we like to joke that kirk's family had frequent flyer miles stockpiled from all of his trips to the ER as a kid...this is what happens when you think it's a good idea to ride your bike off of a cliff for entertainment! sheesh!
Hudson and I will need to compare forehead scars. Hopefully they did a better job on his than they did on mine.
Post a Comment