
Talk about the most useful skill for someone who is 5'1"! I am very excited about now being able to hem my own jeans. I love that I can use the original hemline so it doesn't look so home sewn. Having learned how to hem will more than pay for this class.
Okay, so now I am going to skip a couple projects in this class. The first one being learning how to alter a shirt. The project teaches us how to take in a shirt and in my current state, nothing needs taken in...:( The next being making a jersey skirt. I don't wear jersey b/c it's clingy...see current state comment above. The last one that I am passing up for now is to make a plushie toy. Hudson could care less about stuffed animals at this point and he has quite a few so we don't really need a plushie. He'd rather play with cords, outlets, remotes, Mavie's fluffy tail, books, and sticks. He also loves to rip up magazines if you let him. I do not let him, but somehow my mags are ripped up anyway.
Side note: I see that the trend is to start a oompletely new blog for projects such as these. I guess that allows for all projects to be kept in one location while the original blog is kept for updates on life and whatnot. What do you think? Do I need a project blog and a regular blog? I'll let you decide. I'm indifferent on the subject.
Next up...pillows!
7 comments:
I may or may not have had something to do with the ripped up magazines. It made him so happy!
Hemming jeans! You could really start a side business with that skill.
Who doesn't love to play with outlets? He just loves living on the edge
I'm excited about your hemming skill. I would give you my business.
I'll gladly take your business! :) Bring your jeans with you next time you come over.
I like the blogs all together. That way I can see everything in one place.
i also wonder if i shouldn't have separate blogs for different themes...but i'm so scattered all over the place, i'd end up with 15 blogs to maintain! i'm doing good just to manage the one, and i'm STILL not even on facebook! i think it's ok to have one blog with split personalities! unless you are trying to start a business that requires you to have a blog with a singular focus.
I agree with the mama...the more blogs to follow, the less I do. I like having all of your life in one place. And it's fun to see all the different aspects.
Post a Comment