I'm not a huge fan of pink in my life. I am just not a girly kind of girl. I mean, I love clothes and shoes and have recently developed an infatuation with aprons but I am really not that girly. My favorite color as a young girl was black and it concerned my Grandma to some degree. I don't really care for lace. However, ruffles are in this season and so I am embracing the ruff. I'm not very frilly or fragile. BUT this brown with pink polka dots print where the pink is a bit more understated passed the "not too girly" test and it came home with me. It was in the bargain isle at the Hob-Lob. The inside lining is from an old nursing uniform of my mom's (see previous post on cleaning out her closet). I am learning how to mix fabrics with patterns. The teachers in this class are really good at it. I find it hard to be adventuresome in this area. I like my fabric, like my outfits, to coordinate...this whole mixing patterns together like you see on Project Runway is an artform that I have an untrained eye for. Most of the time I think it just looks ridiculous. Anyway, here's me, mixing patterns.
Introducing, Pencil Pouch, turned Sewing Pouch...



*Please ignore the wrinkle in the middle photo. I did not wish to plug the iron back in once I noticed it.
4 comments:
loving the projects. hey, you should look into this table...i know it's not mine but it may be a while before you can cash in on your inheritance in my will...not exactly the same but may be worth taking a look.
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/atq/2013121049.html
I really want a (your) table for my "work room" which isn't near completion yet. I can wait awhile longer before finding (or making) the one. Thanks for showing me that one though!
Well I don't have a project table for you yet...But, I have another project for you! Here's a link to a sewing project that looks very "Tiffany" and I think it's adorable! I think I'm living out my sewing fantasies vicariously through you!
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/10/diy-project-renskes-minimalist-tote-bag.html
Love the bag...and that I'm finally back at the top
Post a Comment