Oh my. Okay, do you want to know what I was supposed to do or what I did? Well, it was supposed to be a big gift bag, like a foot by a foot. Surprise, surprise...I didn't want to do one that big. It was supposed to have the drawstring at the very top, so no fabric extending above the tie, which I thought looked silly. So being the experienced sew-er (how do you spell sew-er? If you take out the - it is sewer, like poop, right? Do you say sew-ist? Anyway...) that I am I decided I was qualified to modify the plan. I wanted a giftcard sized bag and I wanted fabric to extend above the drawstring...sounds good in theory right? I thought so. I'll save you all the time consuming details but it boils down to there was a reason that made it THAT big b/c I ended up doing a lot of hand sewing which isn't nearly as pretty. There was also a reason they simplified the drawstring by having it pull tight at the top b/c I fought with this tiny little bag for 2 hours to get the ribbon through it. Ahhh, learning to sew....:) I'm having fun, really, I am. :O) So, whoever is the receiver of this tiny little gift card pouch, it took me WAY more time to make this thing that it ever will picking up the giftcard that will be housed inside. Introducing "tiny little gift card bag done my way and not the teacher's way"...


4 comments:
Tiff it is absolutely beautiful!! I am so jealous of all of the cool things you have sewn lately. You are becoming an expert seamstress!! :) Andrea
Thanks Drea! And seamstress is the word I was looking for...although I wouldn't call myself that. There are lots more cool projects coming up that I am excited to try.
I am loving this series. Can you tell me where you found this class?
I found it at www.frecklednest.com. There is an ironing board cover coming up that I am excited about!
Post a Comment