Thursday, July 22, 2010

This and That

Let's see...

Em's shower is this weekend and I had been planning an elegant garden party, you know the kind where ladies wear hats and gloves...okay I wasn't going to make people wear hats or gloves but I would have if I could have. But then reality hit me in the face like a sheet of thick humidity and 100 degree temps so indoor garden party it is. We shall see how this turns out...come on creative juices!

I made my quarterly trip to Manhattan to visit Salon Spice aka Judy to get my hair did. She took me back to blonde for the rest of the summer and I am still like, "who's that?" when I pass a mirror. Love my cut and highly recommend Miss Judy Lemoine in Manhattan KS for all you local peeps.

Also while in Manhattan, I decided to visit the mall...hmmm. Oh Bellevue, how I miss thee.

Hudson hangs out with Gma while I am beautifi-ing. Those two together are trouble. I'm surprised they didn't get kicked out by the mall cop...playin in the fountain and spitting at people... :)

Hudson is doing this fabulous new screaming/shrieking noise that makes you want to pull your ears off your head. He figured it out while he was getting his bottom two teeth and he's still doing it. It's quite lovely. I'd rather go back to the spitting phase.

My mom and I are in a book club...with each other. We read classics...okay, classic. Just one so far. We started with Gulliver's Travels and we (I) felt like our (my) lives were wasting away. So I quit after she had to go to the depths of the library to find the book. I let her pick the next one. She selected "To Kill a Mockingbird" and it was great! I recommend reading this one if you haven't. It is from the perspective of a 1st grader in the 30's as she goes about her life in the midst of all that is happening around her. We found her to be quite funny. One of my favorite parts is when she decides cussing will get her out of going to school. "Pass the damn ham" she says at dinner. Her dad says to the company, "She's been cussing fluently for about a week now." And pays no attention to her. It is a really easy read, especially after you try to read Gulliver's Travels.

I don't know if it is the heat, the magazine I looked at while under the dryer, the fact that I had a baby and haven't left the house in almost a year, but I have been bitten by the travel bug...must go somewhere. I want to get on a plane and go...to Seattle, to NYC, to Colorado, to Maine, to San Francisco, to Alaska, to the beach...somewhere, anywhere...

That's all for now.

4 comments:

G-ma/Mom said...

Hudson and I are friends of the mall cop - we helped him with a lady who had fallen. He would never kick us out of the mall even with all the spitting (mainly Hudson).

Laura said...

Have fun at the shower. I totally understand the desire to travel. When I move to FL you can come visit any time. ha ha

Mendy said...

Hey it was fun hanging out with you today! As you know, I will be available to travel with you if at all possible! I call it "the itch."

Mendy said...

Hey, here's a link to an online sewing class. Thought you may be interested!

http://frecklednest.blogspot.com/2010/07/home-ec-full-details-registration.html