Monday, March 22, 2010

Hi, My Name is Busy

How is it that I now feel so much busier than when I worked outside of the home? Ryan is busy, I'm busy, Hudson is busy...the only one not so busy is Maverick. He's still pretty chill.
So being a lady with a baby probably has something to do with it. Hudson is now over 3 months old and is LAUGHING! Nothing greater than babies laughing. That is why they always win on AFV. Anything with puppies usually gets a close second to laughing babies. Yesterday I was picking up the living room and picked up a pillow from the couch, gave it a good whack to fluff it back to it's normal shape, and out came the laughter from the baby swing across the room. So funny!! So of course I just kept smacking the pillow to see if I could get more laughs and lo and behold it was still funny. Oh, what joy. Today, it is not funny though. One time clapping was funny and Ryan is always funny.
Today we are trying something new...napping in the crib. I had just been letting him fall asleep whenever and wherever he wanted to. Then last week he went from sleeping 12 hours straight through at night to waking up 1-2 times again....huh? So I went back to the sleep book and it seems that due to overtiredness during the day he is now waking up at night. So now the naps that I thought counted like ones in the car, stroller, and swing...don't actually work to give him restorative sleep so in the crib he is today on his 3rd nap. He only tends to sleep for 30 minutes at a time so we'll see how this week goes trying to get some quality naps.
In other busyness...EastLake is getting ready for Easter with another mailing to the community which will likely mean another boom of people coming through the doors, which I love but makes my Sunday's and Monday's REALLY busy! I am handling all the data entry and follow up mailings and emails. Thank goodness for Heather who gives up her Sunday afternoon to help me out when needed and to my mom who helps me write postcards!!
We did have a fun outing this past week as we went to see Bon Jovi play in KC. We were so excited about our seats on the floor until we sat down... The chairs are so close together. I had half a seat due to the size of the gal sitting on my left. There was a very large man on Ryan's right. There was a really tall guy right in front of me. I started to sweat and the show hadn't even started! Then Bon Jovi comes out and EVERYONE is on their feet. Now I'm really short. Ryan noted the steam coming out of my ears or heard me cuss, one of the two and found us a couple seats on the front row of the lower bowl. Now there was no one in front of me, we were elevated just enough and we (I) could really enjoy the show. And it was a really fun show! Oh and we learned our lesson in the parking garage after Elton John and did some stragtegic parking this time. We were out in less than 5 minutes rather than 40 minutes. Nice!
Okay, baby is up...gotta go.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You are busy. So what time is church this Sunday? I may may the trek to Lawarence for church.

tiff said...

10:00 at South Jr. High this week. Next week we go to 2 services at 9:30 and 11:00. Maybe we'll see ya Sunday!

Laura said...

Ill let you know when it gets closer.