Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Got Any FANCY Ideas?
So I am hosting this group starting next week called Girl's Night Out. We are going to be heading out on the town on Thursday nights to indulge in a different restaurant each week. I am so excited to a) get out of the house, b) meet new ladies, and c) try new restaurants/cuisines. However, the group is going to be coming to my house next week for a meet & greet. I want to create a fun chic atmosphere for the gals...something very SATC if possible. But we all know that I have not yet mastered the food department so I get a little intimidated by the idea of preparing food for 18 women. So any swanky (but cheap) hors d'oeuvres (that's fancy for appetizer) ideas you have please send them my way. It could even just look fancy. I want them to have fun, feel special, and walk away really looking forward to the next 6 weeks. I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing and I have some ideas but as always I am drawing a blank with the food aspect. Nobody wants to see me slice up hotdogs, stick some toothpicks in them and put out a bowl of ketchup to dip it in...although I would like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't have any right off the top of my head, but you may try www.hungrygirl.com I love that website and fun ideas that are somewhat good for you too.
Ree Drummond "The Pioneer Woman", has a site Tasty Kitchen that lists a bunch of recipes. Here's the link to the appetizers. You'll do great! Even if you serve hotdogs with ketchup. ;)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/categories/appetizers-and-snacks/
Andrea
I was also going to suggest The Pioneer Woman.
What about Spinach Artichoke Dip? There's gotta be an easy recipe for that online?
Post a Comment