Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow, snow, snow

We are getting more snow today! The stuff just keeps falling each week and with the temps not getting above the teens, it's not going anywhere. Maverick has resolved to just pee on the sidewalk outside the front door b/c he can't find the yard. It is so cold out there...brrrrr. I stopped to get gas yesterday morning and when the machine asked me if I wanted to use my dillons plus card to save 2 cents per gallon on gas, I said "no". Who wants to stand out there any longer than you have to. Like I was going to dig around for my dillons card while freezing my tookus off. When it asked about the receipt, I thought, "no, keep it. I'm getting back in the car." BRRRR. Did you know there is not a single drive thru Starbucks here? I'm not a coffee drinker but I like a Chai Tea Latte when I'm freezing but I've got to park at Dillons and go into the store through the cold to get the drink and then back out into the cold, back into my cold car to enjoy my drink. I don't love that.
What I do love is a hot tanning bed on days like today. It warms you up and gives you some color. Ryan got me a tanning package for my birthday in September and I have been waiting to use it until now as part of the "hurray, you're not pregnant anymore...but you still look like you could be...let's try to feel better about ourself" season of life. This season also includes eating better and exercise. I got the scale out this week and was actually pleasantly surprised by the number. I still have a ways to go but it was lower than I thought it would be. Of course my mid-section is still asking me, "What the HECK just happened here?!" I just pull the shirt down and ignore it.
So I think Hudson is showing more signs of having a personality similar to his mama's. He can be a little intense at times. Since his papa is a pretty laid back kind of guy, I'm guessing he gets it from me. :) But he is also holding his head up pretty well and has rolled over from tummy to back twice so maybe I'll lay claim to his over-acheiving as well. Here's a preview of his 9 day old photo session with Maria Hays:

3 comments:

Laura said...

There are 2 drive thru starbucks within a mile of my work. How crazy is that. I'm over this snow and cold weather. The pic is amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture. Sorry about no Starbucks drive thru. I got gas this morning and it was so windy where I live that it felt like it was in the teens. I debated on the savings card and receipt but opted to do it. All the while my hair was blowing and the wind whipped through my coat.

Mendy said...

you should try Dunn Brother's coffee. Drive thru and approved by Kirk the coffee snob. It's a little far from your house (on 23rd street just east of Iowa), but if you're in that area running errands...Also there's Scooters (I think they're drive through) right across the street from the Merc on Iowa. I can't think of any places closer to you.

cute picture! looks so cozy! can't wait to hang out with you on Thursday!