Sunday, January 3, 2010

85 at EastLake

It snowed some more last night dumping another few inches on the roads which I knew would keep some people at home this morning, but we still had 85 people come out braving the roads. It took one of our volunteers from Topeka an hour and a half to get to church. Another couple people came from Olathe. Others just tackled the snowy streets in Lawrence, slip sliding around, running stoplights and whatnot. Em worked in kids today and had 10 kids in her room. I am continually blown away by what I see, hear, and experience at EastLake everytime I am there. I heard many first timers saying "see you next week". It's all very exciting. Matt did a super job today with his message. I almost forget that he's my brother in law while he was up there. I'm actually able to get beyond my nerves for him and really hear the message he is delivering.
Hudson went to the Infant/Crawlers room for the first time today and got to hang out with Heather. He liked it so much that he pooped all over his Ed Hardy outfit! Poor Heather, she was probably really ready to hand him off after the service.
And poor Emily, we seem to go through spurts when people REALLY think we look alike. We've actually received a lot of "twin" comments. Well, one was from a cabbie in Chicago, but that still counts. Another from a couple in an elevator that same Chicago trip who thought we were drunk when really we had just eaten ourselves into a silly stupor, but anyway. We are always flabergasted by this because we just aren't seeing it. So lately (while I was pregnant and right after) we started getting these comments again. So I feel bad that so many people are seeing our similarities while I am the largest I have ever been in life! I'm sure she is just loving that. So sorry Em.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so excited for the turnout at church today. My sister Amy and I were once told we looked like twins. It was when I was in college and she was in high school. You can image I was a bit offended. We need to get together soon. Maybe we can have a Wii party at my place.

emcox said...

What are you trying to say...