Saturday, December 19, 2009
Too Soon for My Big Girl Shoes
Today was my first day out and about while Ryan and Hudson had some quality guy time. Em and I headed out into the holiday hustle and bustle to wrap up some Christmas shopping and maybe a little bit of shopping for ourselves. I was well prepared for my day out. I had packed up the pump and everything needed to discreetly pump in the Nordstrom's "Mother Room" when the time came. So we grabbed our Starbucks and away we drove to KC. Since my sister and I share the same sense of humor, we are the funniest people we know to one another and we tend to laugh a lot when together. It has been quite painful to hang out with her these past 2 weeks as everytime she says or does something that I find quite funny...it HURTS! I told her to stop visiting but she listens as well as I do. So the painful laughter ensued today as usual. That was pain number 1. Then 3 hours into our leisurely shopping day I am feeling the need for a little release so I go out into the 23 degree weather to get the pump from the car and head into the designated area at Nordy's, get a bloody nose, then get situated to pump and realize I am missing a couple key components. I call Ryan and sure enough they are on the counter in the kitchen. Pain number 2 begins to build. We decide to put a little turbo boost in our shopping endeavors, divide and conquer, text each other to find one another again, and head the heck home. Mission accomplished and we make our way out to the car. We are 5 feet from the car with multiple cars parking spot stalking us when I totally biff it. What in the world I tripped over I have no idea...my shoes with a wedge heel, my pants, a pebble...but I face planted hard. I had just purchased an ornament for Hudson which was in my hand and my first concern was for the ornament's safety, which ironically was also Em's first concern...as I lay on the ground... I think that is so funny. I roll myself up off the ground as one of the parking spot stalkers gets out of his car and yells to see if I was alright. I didn't turn around. I just bolted for the car, trying to get out of the public eye as quickly as possible. A big thanks to all of those cars for not running over me. Pain number 3. So it was a bit of a rough first day out for me but I made it through. Then I came home to hold my baby who I think got bigger while I was out. He needs to not do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm sorry your first shopping experience was so painful. I know this won't deter you from trying again. I'm really impressed you braved the OP Mall the Saturday before Christmas. See you all on Tuesday.
I'm impressed you were out shopping already. I think that fall would have been really painful. Are you still on meds?
How exciting that our little men are both celebrating their first Christmases (sp?) the same year! Your trip sounded so painful in so many ways. :( Can't wait to see you next week and meet little man!!
yikes! this is why i try never to shop at nordstrom's. i have never had a good experience there and usually leave sprinting to my car and peeling out of the parking lot to get away as quickly as i can!
Oh Nordy's was great it was my feet that had the problem. My feet need to get the walking thing figured back out so that I can get some of the pretty shoes at Nordy's to wear!
Erika-I'm not on any meds...although that would have been a nice excuse for my fall if I were on some percocet or something. :)
Look!!! Your blog remebers me!
too bad I can't remember how to type and spell.
Post a Comment