Monday, September 28, 2009

LOVE fall

I think every year I have a post that talks about how much I love fall but I can't help it, I LOVE FALL. Today is a perfect fall day! We slept with the windows open last night and it was so chilly this morning that Mavie and I tried to stay all snuggled up, but that was interrupted when Ryan awoke me out of my cozy slumber to ask where his wallet was. He is known to leave it in a few different places, but I hadn't touched it this time. So I got up to check the usual areas...kitchen table, table by the door, living room, pants he wore yesterday, in the shoes he wore yesterday, the car, the kitchen counter...all to no avail. I did remember though that my bro-in-law had stopped by last night for a quick second AND since my sister and I often do our Christmas shopping together, of course he has the same wallet that Ryan does AND he did have his wallet out for a quick second for what I can't remember...so there was a chance that he could have accidentally grabbed it. Ryan left and a few minutes later and my detective skills paid off when I received the text that he was running over there to pick up his wallet. Anyway, that is a side note and has nothing to do with why I love fall. So I got back in bed to try to recreate the cool morning snuggliness with Mav. It worked, we both zonked back out for an hour or so. The breeze was still whistling through the house when we got up so I put on my SLIPPERS!! Yes!! Love it. Then lit my mulled cider candle so it even smelled like fall in here. Then I got so excited that I got my crock pot out. I got it out and then stared at it realizing that I didn't know what to do next. I started to look through cook books for slow cooker recipes and found that my cook books don't have a slow cooker section...maybe none of them do. So then I thought that I would google some recipes but that was proving to be too long of a process for the moment so I moved on. It did sit out all day and added to the fall ambience in the kitchen. Now I have hot chicken dip going to town in there which you can technically do in the microwave, but who cares.
I did realize this year that my love of fall has carried over into the decorating of my home. My walls are green, furniture brown, orange, and cream, accents of bronze tones, when I don't know what else to do with a corner I throw a bundle of sticks at it, and there are framed leaves on my walls. Well, at least I'm consistent.
I love the colors, the cool weather, the smell of fireplaces burning, the need for a scarf on occasion, the sound of football in the background (can't really watch it for very long...I get REALLY bored), wreath making season, sitting outside with blankets, NO BUGS, open windows, slippers, crockpots, cider, the ushering in of the holiday season, the SHOPPING (boots, jackets, scarves, oh my!), and Mavie snuggles.
It's all very fantastic. Very energizing. Very refreshing. I love it.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

I like fall too, but your words make me really like it! I have a few tried and trusted crockpot recipes I can share sometime. And I think that if we need something to do while visiting with mom and dad Classen, us girls should make some wreaths...mostly because I just want a lesson on the how-to.

emcox said...

I love fall too!!!! The colors, the food, the coziness. It's great. I think that is why I like Seattle so much, because if felt like fall almost all year round (almost).

Debi said...

Tiffany, I love reading your blog! For some great crock pot ideas, check out Stephanie's blog. She used her crock pot every day (yes EVERY day) in 2008 and shared her recipes. If nothing else, it's comic relief.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/