Well I had never been to Branson so it automatically gets a 5 on a scale of 1-10 for being a new experience. The main strip was certainly a cheese sandwich with extra cheese on it and a little cheese on the side which really wasn't our cup of tea...but then neither is a cup of tea. Ryan's g-parents have a condo there as they like to go up there to play golf when they can. So we were able to have a good time relaxing in the condo watching the golfers go by. We ventured out to Table Rock Lake and found a beach, a lookout point, and the marina. It's a very pretty area. The lake area is much more my cup of dr. pepper. Put me on a floatee with a beverage and some suntan lotion and I am a happy camper...these analogies are not really working for me...I don't like to camp...a "happy shopper". Anywho, we went out on a 50 person sailboat for a couple hours. The fantastic part was that we were the only 2 signed up! Then at the last minute, literally, a group of 6 walked up and decided to go. It still worked out okay b/c they had half the boat and we had half the boat. I don't think there is much of anything that puts you into a relaxation mode quite like sailing (on calm waters). I found myself reminding myself to enjoy every second, you know like you do in a massage. But what I could have done was taken a nap while floating around Table Rock. It was wonderful. I could have done it all day.
Ryan's g-parents came up from Arkansas to join us for the rest of our time in Branson. Being homeowners in the town they get some discounts on shows and things of that nature so since Ryan has a fascination with magic we went to the Kirby VanBurch show...the prince of magic. Besides the efforts to continuously sell you something and them making a huge deal about the tigers in the show and only seeing a tiger once, he had some good illusions. Remember, new experiences always get a 5 to start off with. And lastly before we left town we had lunch at the Hard Luck Diner. I had not been in the room when the explanation of this diner was being given so I was surprised when the wait staff was singing to us. Our server was Jason Yeager from American Idol. I had no idea who he was since I don't watch that show anymore, but that was kind of neat. He was a great singer.
Here are some pics from the weekend...


1 comment:
that sounds so relaxing! i'm glad you could get away for your bday! love the pic of you and ryan in the giant chair!
Post a Comment