It actually feels like we've been here a lot longer than a week! I'm not exactly sure why that is other than we've been super busy getting things in order. ALL the walls are now painted!!! Woo-hoo! That is such a big task but I had LOTS of help, which I am very appreciative of. All the common area walls are green and all the bed/bath walls are brown. Aahhh. There is nothing that transforms a space quite as fast as a can (or 7+ cans) of paint does. The problem was that the walls, carpet, and tile were all beige and the woodwork is white. By painting the walls now there is some diversification going on. I'll post some before and after pics soon OR you can just come on by if you live in the area. :)
In other projects: we've done a little landscaping in the front of the house, ordered new countertops (Deepstar Agate with the mod 180 edge for my showroom girls), changed out the knobs and pulls, ripped down the mini-blinds and replaced them with some dark bamboo roman shades, and ripped down the vertical blinds and replaced with curtains. We did a lot this week but still have a ways to go. Next up: nursery and home theater room. Also going from a one bedroom condo to a 3+ bedroom home requires a few more furniture pieces, rugs, and decor items. However, we have enough that it is comfortable so I can take my time looking for those perfect pieces at bargain prices to complete the home.
Maverick is figuring out that this is our new home. He loves the skylights in the living room b/c they put a perfectly warm rectangle of sun on the floor for him to lounge in. He is also finding his new fort areas. He does love to run up and down the stairs but still will only mostly follow me around.
Baby Boy Classen or Baby Phil as his Aunt Em calls him after the ultrasound technician must be growing because my belly is getting LARGE. I feel very full most of the time. I recently have started getting charly horses in the middle of the night which is a symptom of pregancy, I guess. Why for, I'm not sure. It's one of those things that makes me feel like pregnancy is more of a disease than a miraculous time in my life. I get really tired really quickly. My brain says that I should be able to do more but my body says "nope".
The weather has actually been quite bearable compared to what my Seattle friends have been experiencing lately! We've enjoyed several moments out on the upper deck in our Adirondak chairs overlooking the "country-side". I am going to enjoy living on the edge of town for that reason. I don't love it that it takes me 20 minutes to cross town in order to head to KC. That's not my favorite. However, if I don't want to cross town I really don't have to. With my adorable little, convenient,cheap, clean, friendly, fully stocked Wal-mart just about 4 minutes away I don't have to deal with traffic or crowds. My introverted hermit self loves that! That being said I am excited to spend some time down town on Mass street getting to know the little shops and restaurants down there, as well as the library, farmer's market, and the culture that awaits. My friend Mendy lives down there so she can be my guide! She has already introduced me to "Ingredients" a fun place downtown to eat. It was good! Can't wait to try more. Oh she also took me to a GREAT little antique shop called the Locust Street Market with super cheap stuff! I loved it. She has some amazing finds from that shop.
That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you've accomplished more in one week on your place than I have in a year at my house! I'm excited to come by... Kirk is working in Manhattan this week and I'm lonely, so I may be stopping by in the next few days! Glad your here!
I'm so jealous! Two people I love!! Sometime...we're coming.
Eeka,
And a 3rd is not far away. That is assuming you love me too. Ha ha.
Looney
Me, too...me, too! Can't wait to see you all sooner than later (hopefully in October, right)? Just pick a weekend for KGR and I will be there if at all possible! Just not Labor Day weekend (already have plans). Baby W will be happy to meet you all, too, once he or she makes the grand entrance!!
Post a Comment